• Aug 8th, 2020 1:11 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2013
534 posts
488 upvotes
CALGARY

Covid19 essentials subforum?

Hi folks,

With the current health crisis, many essential items are frequently out of stock and unavailable for purchase anywhere.

What I suggest is that we add a Covid19 deals, or essential items subforum.

Users would post online retail links to things such as hand sanitizer, tissues, TP, Lysol wipes, masks etc, when stock is available.

Thoughts folks?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4525 posts
2912 upvotes
Burnaby
findmesumdealz wrote: Covid19 essentials subforum?

Hi folks,

With the current health crisis, many essential items are frequently out of stock and unavailable for purchase anywhere.

What I suggest is that we add a Covid19 deals, or essential items subforum.

Users would post online retail links to things such as hand sanitizer, tissues, TP, Lysol wipes, masks etc, when stock is available.

Thoughts folks?
There's already a forum category where people can place their requests for a deal. People can just create threads in such forum using a descriptive title that identified the thread as ongoing and COVID related [i.e., searchable with tag].

Request-A-Deal

===

There's an alternative to posting such threads in Request-A-Deal and it's posting them in Hot Deals - Ongoing Deal Discussion. The reason for this is that users (any user) can use the Thread Summary to point the most relevant replies and updates to locations, price, type, inventory, etc. Browsing would be snappy (no need to browse several pages to find out relevant discussion) if people keep updating the Thread Summary and the [OP] won't need to have a chore updating the Opening Post [i.e., no orphan threads]. Some downsides of this approach are that store tags need to be added manually [store list probably won't fit in the thread title] and price in title won't apply either [several stores/packaging/etc ==> several prices, made worse by different prices at different times].

An example: [Costco] Lysol Advanced Disinfecting Wet Wipes, 6-pack $18.49
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion advertising]
Insert here list of companies with referral programs
Mar 6, 2015
681 posts
50 upvotes
please add covid19 and/or covid-19 to your new thread. Then rfders can search using those two tags too.
Related tags:
coronavirus
coronavirus source
masks
mask
social distance
johns hopkins
public health
lockdown
shutdown
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!