Careers

CPA to CHARTERED Accountant/ how to become a CA?? (where to take Business Law)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2011 3:32 am
[OP]
Apr 12, 2011
2 posts
Toronto ON

CPA to CHARTERED Accountant/ how to become a CA?? (where to take Business Law)

Hi, I have a Certified Public Accountant certificate 10'[non-recognized accounting body]; (ICAO exempted me from 16 of 17 required courses); can you suggest a good university where I can take business law? Thanks in advance =)
3 replies
Jun 16, 2010
297 posts
12 upvotes
eneryz_567 wrote: Hi, I have a CPA certificate 10' (ICAO exempted me from 16 of 17 required courses); can you suggest a good university where I can take business law? Thanks in advance =)

One course? Just take it at the uni most convenient to you
Sep 16, 2008
725 posts
16 upvotes
eneryz_567 wrote: Hi, I have a Certified Public Accountant certificate 10'[non-recognized accounting body]; (ICAO exempted me from 16 of 17 required courses); can you suggest a good university where I can take business law? Thanks in advance =)

CPA from the Philippines ? Did ICAO exempt you from any of the work experience ? If not, you will have a hard time securing employment, there are a many foreign designated accountants in your situation.
[OP]
Apr 12, 2011
2 posts
Toronto ON
dandy2008 wrote: CPA from the Philippines ? Did ICAO exempt you from any of the work experience ? If not, you will have a hard time securing employment, there are a many foreign designated accountants in your situation.

Yes, CPA from Philippines, I have no previous public audit experience being a fresh undergrad too so I have no exemption from work experience..
I started reading from other treads and it makes me aware of where I am right now. I know pursuing CA designation in my case would be extremely hard! Can you help me identify barriers there would be in pursuing CA designation?
What do you think is my chance of securing employment in a CATO? Can anyone offer me suggestions how I can integrate in this professional accounting field?
BTW, I'm 21 and I love accounting, I succesfully write the CPA Exam with 91% grade.