Careers

CPA Ontario, Transcript assessment- currency of education of 10 years

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2022 6:16 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2022
1 posts

CPA Ontario, Transcript assessment- currency of education of 10 years

I'm confused about whether to review transcripts assessment for that education of ten years after the date of start my degree courses or ten years after the date of graduation, and I've asked two customer service representatives to give me two answers.

First people said:
Please bear in mind that there is a currency of education of 10 years. If your courses exceeds this time period. We will no longer accept them

Second people said:
This is calculated from when you conferred your degree .Not when you started your degree courses .The date you have on your transcripts

Who is correct?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
1031 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
This is an opinion but from date of the course makes more sense than the date of a degree. People can take unrelated undergrads to meet the university degree requirement and then go back to school for continuing studies to complete the course requirements if they opt not to do the courses via CPA Ontario. The courses are more recent than the date of the degree so it would be unfair to be using the date of the degree.

Additionally, have the customer service representatives provide supporting link/references to their policy to make them work rather than pull magic from the butts.
Participant in:
Zoomer Wireless - 2 year $36/month for 2GB LTE (Now 4GB Loyalty after 6 months)
Microsoft Price Error - ASUS TUF FX505DT-UB52
40" 4K Samsung TV Monitor User