Expired Hot Deals

Cpapmachines.ca

CPAP Dreamstation Auto $499

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 11:41 am
52 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7492 posts
1439 upvotes
Alberta
Includes free $65 H2O jug

Same deal at cpapmachines.ca

Dave
Member
Nov 12, 2017
441 posts
651 upvotes
Saint John, NB
I don't even need one of these. Maybe I'll just get 2. :P. Anyway, upvote for the post. Surely it'll help someone!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2414 posts
862 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
Now if only they would put the Resmed Autoset 10 on sale for that price.
Newbie
Apr 17, 2020
84 posts
207 upvotes
Does anyone know if this helps snoring? Sorry probably a dumb question, just wanted to get one for my dad.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3263 posts
5070 upvotes
GTA North
canadiannasa wrote: Does anyone know if this helps snoring? Sorry probably a dumb question, just wanted to get one for my dad.
A CPAP machine does help with sleep apnea (snoring). I highly recommend having your dad talk with his doctor and finding a sleep doctor which can help you more.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2012
871 posts
517 upvotes
Victoria
thedealhunter2000 wrote: A CPAP machine does help with sleep apnea (snoring). I highly recommend having your dad talk with his doctor and finding a sleep doctor which can help you more.
Snoring IS NOT sleep apnea.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7492 posts
1439 upvotes
Alberta
Horsey2345 wrote: Snoring IS NOT sleep apnea.
Possible symptom especially if one has the other symptoms like high blood pressure, etc. Recommend checking with one health care provider and see if an in-home sleep test is needed.

Undiagnosed sleep apnea can cause cardiac and other severe health issues.

Dave
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1592 posts
749 upvotes
Ottawa
Snoring IS NOT sleep apnea.
Agreed, snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea, but the primary cause for concern is stopping breathing (or breathing very shallowly). A CPAP machine will probably reduce snoring because it forces the mouth closed, but if snoring is the only sleep problem, there are probably better solutions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
Horsey2345 wrote: Snoring IS NOT sleep apnea.
+1. even if it is apnea, not all types of apnea can be resolved with a cpap/apap. central sleep apnea for example must use an ASV because your brain isn't sending the signal to your body to breathe rather than obstructive like most cases.

so see a doctor first before you waste any money.
frankw wrote: Now if only they would put the Resmed Autoset 10 on sale for that price.
i've tried both and hands down airsense 10 is better and more compact than the dreamstation.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7492 posts
1439 upvotes
Alberta
Clement wrote:
i've tried both and hands down airsense 10 is better and more compact than the dreamstation.
Resmed has a more proactive treatment algorithm than Philips Respironics. Some are treated better with Resmed; others with Philips Respironics. Philips Respironics are often cheaper (important if self pay) since Resmed has recently introduced minimum floor pricing.

Dave
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2012
871 posts
517 upvotes
Victoria
aw1883 wrote: Agreed, snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea, but the primary cause for concern is stopping breathing (or breathing very shallowly). A CPAP machine will probably reduce snoring because it forces the mouth closed, but if snoring is the only sleep problem, there are probably better solutions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea
Actually a CPAP does not force the mouth closed. Often people who are mouth breathers or can't keep their mouth closed while sleeping need to wear a chin strap or a full face mask CPAP
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7492 posts
1439 upvotes
Alberta
Horsey2345 wrote: Actually a CPAP does not force the mouth closed. Often people who are mouth breathers or can't keep their mouth closed while sleeping need to wear a chin strap or a full face mask CPAP
Soft cervical collar with a nasal mask worked better for me (vs chin strap). FFM made it worst (higher AHI and higher pressures) for me after trying 2 different FFM masks (Dreamwear and Simplus). Others reported good success with mouth taping or a product like Somnifix.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9787 posts
2854 upvotes
Vancouver
I would be very careful relying on this. Could be a knock off of the Philips dream station (which is an apap which is a cpap that adjusts to your breathing ) which sells at sleep apnea clinics for around $2500/$3000. There’s a bunch of fakes on Amazon

The clinic told me they don’t even believe these things work. Obvious bias there but this is a medical device.

Most private insurance covers most of the cost snd thr provicne May subsidize it depending on the province.

If you think you have sleep apnea get tested and don’t trust this stuff
Last edited by GangStarr on Dec 25th, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2414 posts
862 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
Clement wrote:
i've tried both and hands down airsense 10 is better and more compact than the dreamstation.
I've been on the Resmed for almost three years now and wouldn't mind having a second one as a just in case spare.

My AHI has been less than one for the last year.
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2016
851 posts
2575 upvotes
canadiannasa wrote: Does anyone know if this helps snoring? Sorry probably a dumb question, just wanted to get one for my dad.
Only product I've found that actually works is Smart Nora. They're kinda expensive (though often have coupons/sales), but I tried it because they're a Canadian company and have 30 day money back guarantee. And yeah, can definitely say it works WAY better than anything else.
Newbie
Aug 22, 2018
56 posts
26 upvotes
I'm due for like my 5 year government covered upgrade. How would I get them to pay for this? LOL.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2414 posts
862 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
marconozza48014 wrote: I'm due for like my 5 year government covered upgrade. How would I get them to pay for this? LOL.
I know that with the Public Service Health Care Plan (Sun Life) you use the app on your mobile to take a picture of the receipt and submit it online.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
3375 posts
730 upvotes
North York
canadiannasa wrote: Does anyone know if this helps snoring? Sorry probably a dumb question, just wanted to get one for my dad.
Ask him to ask his Dr. to refer him for a sleep study - then if needed buy. The sleep study will detail - so the cpap can be set for his specifications.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)