Health & Wellness

CPAP Mask and Surgical Mask UV or Ozone Cleaner? Which one to get?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2020 2:25 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1003 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto

CPAP Mask and Surgical Mask UV or Ozone Cleaner? Which one to get?

I need some advice on buying a CPAP mask UV or ozone cleaner for a family member. The sleep clinic that my family member attends does not care to give any recommendation on brand and type (told to just clean with soap and water).

I like to know what is the most "popular" or "standard" brand people use. I am looking for one that does NOT require refills which you have to buy periodically. Also, while this is controversial, people in Taiwan are now using these device to sanitize surgical masks they are wearing during the coronavirus outbreak because of the severe shortage in masks.

Lastly, there is an unknown brand called Rosa Rugosa cleaner that has BOTH UV and ozone modes. Is this a good brand? Most of the reviews I read are not very reliable. Anyone has experience with this one? Does it need refills? It is half the cost of Lumin.

Help!
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7117 posts
913 upvotes
Alberta
I try to wash my hoses and mask weekly with liquid dish soap and warm water. Every day or two, I try to use baby/CPAP wipes on the contact points/cushion part.

Dave
Jun 2, 2011
431 posts
420 upvotes
I looked into all these devices and ended up just deciding on soap and water. Cheaper to buy yourself two mask and hose sets to last a week, and clean it all once a week (soap water). Than to buy those devices that still require actual regular cleaning anyways. Get baby wipes to clean daily where the mask touches your face.