23 upvotes

CPAP Devices

Deal Link:
Savings:
Expiry:
July 8, 2018
Retailer:
Cpap Outlet
I'm not sure if this is the relevant subforum for the deal but I saw this on a sleep-related thread on another forum.

So, here's the deal- sleep apnea equipment @15% off as part of the Canada Day promo.

Use promo code- CANADA151; ends this coming Sunday.

Sorry for late post.
76 replies
Jun 9, 2015
545 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I read this as Crap outlet - crap devices and was interested in knowing what it was all about.
Feb 26, 2017
166 posts
58 upvotes
Don’t these need calibration from a therapist ? I’m on the hook for 2-3 k , but I’ve been told you kinda have to stick with the company that tasted you?
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14607 posts
4076 upvotes
Lampsy wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 12:48 am
I read this as Crap outlet - crap devices and was interested in knowing what it was all about.
So did i but i reread it
Atillathepun wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 1:10 am
Don’t these need calibration from a therapist ? I’m on the hook for 2-3 k , but I’ve been told you kinda have to stick with the company that tasted you?
Please tell us you mean tested Astonished Face
General Zod for Premier would have been less evil then the other guy
Jan 18, 2008
877 posts
378 upvotes
Ottawa
I’m on the hook for 2-3 k , but I’ve been told you kinda have to stick with the company that tasted you?
Presumably the test resulted in a prescription or report of some kind? That would tell the seller what to set it for.

In Ontario, where the tests are done under OHIP, you get a Rx and then go shopping for a machine. The Rx is some number and they can only go +/- 2 from that, I think.

So if you've had a private test, I guess you could shop elsewhere? I don't think they could refuse to provide the test results to you. But I don't know for sure. I'd shop around and ask, though.

=aw
Oct 18, 2010
685 posts
37 upvotes
BCAB
my insurance company covers this, i got the CPAP machine and now getting the dental device. Not sure which one to stick with.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6852 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
If you have sleep apnea or suspect that you have sleep apnea, get your information at the following forums about CPAP machines.....there is often a clinical menu that one can get into in order to make adjustments to the pressure ranges (min and max; based on the results of your sleep study) and other comfort settings.

http://www.cpaptalk.com/CPAP-Sleep-Apnea-Forum.html

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum- ... oard-Forum

The top two Auto CPAP units are Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Autoset for Her and Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto. These Auto models can act as a CPAP. Avoid the other models under these brand names as they give out limited information for Sleep Head software which helps one to make the necessary adjustments to the machines.

I have made my own adjustments and am sleeping much better while treating my sleep apnea.

The 15.1% coupon is only good for complete mask systems and travel CPAP/APAP machines and travel accessories.

I have had good purchases from CPAP Outlet, MonsterCPAP and CPAPmachines.ca (this one doesn't need a Rx for a machine purchase...very rare).

I recently bought a backup machine, Airsense 10 Autoset for Her, for $805 from CPAP Outlet. The same machine from the your local DME (Durable Medical Equipment) supplier is often over $2K ($1K in Ontario)....a major rip job. These APAP machines have a pressure range of 4-20 cmH2O. They come like this from the factory. I go into the clinical settings and make the changes to my range of 10-15 and other comfort settings. The two forums help me out a lot.

Dave
Last edited by DavidY on Jul 6th, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6852 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
Atillathepun wrote:
Nope see my previous post.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1068 posts
265 upvotes
What is the best mask to use? Anything that has minimal contact with the skin. I got itchy with the mask I have and looking for a new one. I was thinking something small just enough to cover the nose.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3836 posts
322 upvotes
Scarborough
Remember OHIP covers up to 75% of the first CPAP.

I have the Dreamstation and it works great. It's super quiet (I think due to the tube) and I never use the humidifier.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6852 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
xpressmerchant wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 10:15 am
What is the best mask to use? Anything that has minimal contact with the skin. I got itchy with the mask I have and looking for a new one. I was thinking something small just enough to cover the nose.
What do you have now? Are you a mouth breather? For mouth breathers, you typically need a full face mask....that cover the nose and mouth. Less complex masks include nasal pilllows (least contact) and nasal. Resmed P10 is quite popular for the pillows. Dreamwear with under the nose cushion has among the least contact for a nasal mask (this mask is also available for gel pillows)....this mask can be noisy for some however. The other nasal masks that don't cover the bridge of your nose include the Wisp or Resmed N20. I rotate between four different nasal masks include the Dreamwear and Wisp.

Dave
Oct 18, 2016
463 posts
824 upvotes
Dealmenow82 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 12:37 am
Sorry? We're trying to sleep here!!

I thought it was click bait =D
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3836 posts
322 upvotes
Scarborough
Atillathepun wrote:
After you do your sleep test, your doctor will give you a RX with the required settings. It's not hard to set it yourself. Saves a trip of going back.