[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36799 posts
4968 upvotes
Winnipeg
Trader Score: 41 (100% Positive)

CPU and board officially support Windows 11

I got a spare case, psu and ddr4 laying around so I figured that I could build an office/media pc for family member. If you got spare parts you don't need I can buy it off your hand. Mostly looking for intel 8xxx ~ 10xxx series chip or amd ryzen 2xxx or 3xxx chip with board that supports Windows 11*. Optional parts would be 250~500gb NVmE m.2 ssd. A cheap Windows 11 license would be nice too.

Local pick up in Winnipeg/Saskatoon preferred, not really worth the hassle to ship.
*I'm aware that TPM2.0 requirement can be bypassed to install Windows 11 but I'm not interested in becoming tech support.
WTB amazon gc @90%
8 replies
Nov 5, 2018
388 posts
352 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
divx wrote: I got a spare case, psu and ddr4 laying around so I figured that I could build an office/media pc for family member. If you got spare parts you don't need I can buy it off your hand. Mostly looking for intel 8xxx ~ 10xxx series chip or amd ryzen 2xxx or 3xxx chip with board that supports Windows 11*. Optional parts would be 250~500gb NVmE m.2 ssd. A cheap Windows 11 license would be nice too.

Local pick up in Winnipeg/Saskatoon preferred, not really worth the hassle to ship.
*I'm aware that TPM2.0 requirement can be bypassed to install Windows 11 but I'm not interested in becoming tech support.
I have a Windows 11 Education Key for sale... DM me with your offer please. It's legit.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36799 posts
4968 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gee wrote: Does your case fit a full ATX motherboard?
Yes, it appears to fit full ATX board.
Ferinthu1 wrote: I have a Windows 11 Education Key for sale... DM me with your offer please. It's legit.
What is an education key? Is this a volume license? How much is one worth?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35153 posts
8560 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Trader Score: 109 (100% Positive)
divx wrote: What is an education key? Is this a volume license? How much is one worth?
There are two versions

Windows 11 Education
Windows 11 Pro Education

These are volume licenced versions for Education. Some schools provide them for free.

They may not have all the features of Windows 11 Home or Pro
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36799 posts
4968 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gee wrote: There are two versions
Windows 11 Education
Windows 11 Pro Education
These are volume licenced versions for Education. Some schools provide them for free.
They may not have all the features of Windows 11 Home or Pro
Looked it up and it is basically same as pro.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Nov 13, 2009
693 posts
165 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
Trader Score: 9 (100% Positive)
divx wrote: Looked it up and it is basically same as pro.
Found this
"Like Windows 10, Windows 11 Education will also distributed through Academic Volume Licensing.
Windows 11 Pro Education
This edition of Windows 11 should contain most features of Windows 11 Pro, but will come with some options disabled by default and add some extra options for usage in an education environment."

All that said, if you have a Windows 10 licence, just switch to 11 for free, when you get a TPM board. I see why you are asking for a Win 11 motherboard, as well, since some wont allow to enable, or even have TPM. I will send u a message about couple boards I have after I check if they have TPM enable.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36799 posts
4968 upvotes
Winnipeg
Techmann wrote: Found this
"Like Windows 10, Windows 11 Education will also distributed through Academic Volume Licensing.
Windows 11 Pro Education
This edition of Windows 11 should contain most features of Windows 11 Pro, but will come with some options disabled by default and add some extra options for usage in an education environment."
All that said, if you have a Windows 10 licence, just switch to 11 for free, when you get a TPM board. I see why you are asking for a Win 11 motherboard, as well, since some wont allow to enable, or even have TPM. I will send u a message about couple boards I have after I check if they have TPM enable.
I thought windows license is tied to the board, if I swap board I need new license. Are you telling me I can migrate license over to new board?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Nov 13, 2009
693 posts
165 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
Trader Score: 9 (100% Positive)
divx wrote: I thought windows license is tied to the board, if I swap board I need new license. Are you telling me I can migrate license over to new board?
Is the board, or the licence, OEM or did you buy Windows 10 retail?
If it is OEM, then yes you would need new licence, but retail Win 10 can be bought cheap these days. If the Win 10 was bought retail and you are swapping hardware, here is how to reactivate the licence to the new hardware. I have swapped a board 3x and still used same licence reactivation. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 3fc72b6665

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)