CRA Job Process

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 2:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 22, 2019
1 posts

CRA Job Process

I have a question for all those who have dealt with applying for a job with the CRA. I was in a job pool and then contacted by a location in Toronto who said they were hiring for SP-05 GST Officer position. I was interviewed by the employer who stated it would be a casual interview and then I did a security check where my finger prints were taken. I was told that they would send me an email about my security check and the employer had said that they were hoping to hire for mid October (which was in 2 weeks).

However, I have not heard any word back from anyone about the process. I sent an e-mail to the employer who interviewed me but they did not respond. I was wondering if this silence means I was not chosen for the job? I still have not received any word about my security check either.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1512 posts
1771 upvotes
BC
Everyone they pull from the pool will get a security check. so hard to know your chances of being hired. They could be working down the list as not everyone that is offered a position necessarily accepts as they might have found another job in the meantime.
Oct 24, 2019
2 posts
I have a question not related to OP's question exactly but related to the topic of the CRA job process. I have an upcoming test for a taxpayer service agent "Information seeking -Computer Exam (minimum score-70%). Unlike the SJT where I could easily see what the test was about on the CRA website, this test has no explanation there (or anywhere on the web it seems). Can anyone give me any insight on what to expect?