• Mar 12th, 2017 8:50 pm
[OP]
Aug 26, 2014
130 posts
55 upvotes
Markham, ON

CRA - My Account Login - Seems to be down

Hello folks,

The "My Account" login for personal, on CRA web site seems to be down for the past few days. Has anyone experienced the same issue or it is my computer? I am using IE and Chrome and both can't access it. I entered the login and clicked the button and the site would show all broken links, including their "Partners Login". Thanks for the feedback!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2030 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been able to login on CRA My Account - I was able to log in today as well. Have you cleared your cache?
RFD 15 73H 1337
Oct 5, 2014
197 posts
76 upvotes
Madden, AB
working fine for me
[OP]
Aug 26, 2014
130 posts
55 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thank you all for your input !

I will try to clean the cookies and cache to see if it helps. Damn cookies....Face With Tears Of Joy, they're no good for me.

Edit: still not working for both browsers, hope you can see the pictures below, sorry they're a bit small. I am trying something else...

Edit 2: It's working! my Bitdefender Antivirus has the option "Scan SSL" checked (Secure Socket Layer), it prevented the site from loading properly. Turn it off and it's all working now.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1456 upvotes
Richmond
You should have that function turned off anyway. It inserts an insecure intermediary into what's supposed to be a secure SSL chain.
Nov 1, 2015
18 posts
1 upvote
Help, I can't log in neither.

On Chrome, I get connection reset all the time.
On IE, I get enable TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 but they are all on already.

For some reasons, for both browsers, I have TLS on but they give a warning asking to update.

My anti-virus is Norton and I can't find a disable ssl scan anywhere.
I tried to disable Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect but I still can't load the log in page.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2014
130 posts
55 upvotes
Markham, ON
ZeroUrashima wrote: Help, I can't log in neither.

My anti-virus is Norton and I can't find a disable ssl scan anywhere.
I tried to disable Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect but I still can't load the log in page.
Try to disable the Norton AV temporarily, if you can. Then you should be able to determine if the AV is the problem.
Nov 1, 2015
18 posts
1 upvote
How is that different from disabling Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect? I don't have the option of disabling the whole Anti-Virus

I tried disabling everything in Advanced but it still doesn't load.

edit 1: All pcs at home have this problem. My pc and laptop, my brother's pc and laptop.

edit 2: Anyone with Nortons installed can access that page?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5461 posts
802 upvotes
Markham
ZeroUrashima wrote: How is that different from disabling Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect? I don't have the option of disabling the whole Anti-Virus

I tried disabling everything in Advanced but it still doesn't load.

edit 1: All pcs at home have this problem. My pc and laptop, my brother's pc and laptop.

edit 2: Anyone with Nortons installed can access that page?
Cant access as well... maybe the site is down?
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
[OP]
Aug 26, 2014
130 posts
55 upvotes
Markham, ON
ZeroUrashima wrote: How is that different from disabling Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect? I don't have the option of disabling the whole Anti-Virus
Well, I was thinking if you could turn off the entire Norton Suite as oppose to turning off individual components. That's where I was going at.

Right now, cra web site says "the site cannot be reached" when clicked on Login, maybe it's down for real. Today's problem is not the same problem I had before.
Nov 9, 2008
628 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa
"System maintenance
The CRA’s online services, including the ability to electronically file your taxes, are temporarily unavailable as a result of system maintenance. Please check this page for updates. Thank you for your patience."

Now I dont know about you but if I had a government agency, I would probably not schedule maintenance during the day....during the tax season.....

I also would not let my people post "under maintenance" messages when our systems went down.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1345 posts
264 upvotes
Mimico
Well, "Maintenance" = crashed because of heavy loads likely!
[OP]
Aug 26, 2014
130 posts
55 upvotes
Markham, ON
We need the tax web site up and running so we can login and pay more taxes....then the agency can afford a more expensive and robust "maintenance" system that does not shut down on Friday, during the day in the middle of tax season ...lol...
Nov 1, 2015
18 posts
1 upvote
d5486 wrote: "System maintenance
The CRA’s online services, including the ability to electronically file your taxes, are temporarily unavailable as a result of system maintenance. Please check this page for updates. Thank you for your patience."

Now I dont know about you but if I had a government agency, I would probably not schedule maintenance during the day....during the tax season.....

I also would not let my people post "under maintenance" messages when our systems went down.

Oh, thanks for the answer, I went directly to the login page and didn't notice that.

It's been over a day and it's still on maintenance...

Edit: Ah, looks like they just added maintenance warning in the login page too...
Jun 21, 2012
130 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg
d5486 wrote: "System maintenance

I completed agree 100%, why would they do maintenance during tax season? Who was the genius that thought this would be a good time to do this