• Jul 27th, 2020 5:05 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7219 posts
2245 upvotes
0 downvotes

CRA ROE WEB Account - Closed my business, Can I close this account too

I had a proper business for the last decade, and I needed to have a ROE WEB account to create a ROE when one of my employees contract was expired. After all said and done I stopped business activity completely some time ago so I notified CRA my business was closed and closed all my accounts (RT, RP, etc) I got some email the other day from Service Canada about ROE WEB and im like did i close that account? umm nope, so how do I go about closing it? For the fun of it I just tested logging in and it still worked. not sure who to contact or how to do? theres no info online how to close ROE WEB accounts
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Thread Summary
CRA ROE WEB Account - Closed my business, Can I close this account too
4 replies
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7219 posts
2245 upvotes
0 downvotes
No body here owns a small business and employees people and issues ROE documents?
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6725 posts
4291 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: No body here owns a small business and employees people and issues ROE documents?
I use paper roe I ordered from 10 years back. Still have 100 left. My software also prints out roe in letter size format as well. First time hearing about CRA roe site which intrigued me, but not enough employee turn over for me to sign up and start using online.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1317 posts
670 upvotes
Torontario
GoodFellaz wrote: No body here owns a small business and employees people and issues ROE documents?
I had the same with GST/HST account for corp. entity I closed some time ago. The reason they are not closing it, so that you as owner have access to any historical info
Best is to call the CRA Business Helpline and ask to process manually.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7219 posts
2245 upvotes
0 downvotes
I had only ONE ROE to produce, that's it, just ONE. I printed it off long ago and gave it to my employee, I also kept a Soft Copy AND Hard Copy for mt records as I am required to do by law. I think I pretty much covered my bases when it comes to "so that you as owner have access to any historical info" already. Its also One more computer online with my personal info that I never plan to access ever again, why keep my login and password for a site I will never go back to? makes no sense to me, theres so many privacy breaches in the world, every little bit you do to reduce your digital footprint helps
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!