Personal Finance

[CRA] T1 Adjustment request process times

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 5:22 pm
Aug 24, 2019
222 posts
192 upvotes

[CRA] T1 Adjustment request process times

I submitted a paper (was required to) request few months ago to CRA for changing my return for one of my previous years. I received a reply in CRA MyAccount regarding that request and they asked for some documentation. I replied to them requesting more information in less than 24 hours after I saw their reply.

My question is does anyone know how quick they are in responding to queries made through CRA MyAccount? Do they take couple of weeks to respond or a few days or just a few hours?

I know it’s an absurd question so if you don’t know, then that’s fine too. I am just interested in knowing timeline wa when people submit T1 adjustment request for their Personal returns.
4 replies
Jul 8, 2018
159 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
In my experience, you should be prepared to wait 6+ months.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
959 upvotes
Sent them a T1 paper adjustment request on behalf of a relative back in January. Called them a few weeks ago (I am her authorized rep), and they were able to do what we needed over the phone (and it looks like that adjustment request has never been processed, and I am now not even sure if it will ever be processed, but it is not relevant any longer).
... you can always call them for an update if it is taking too long.
Feb 13, 2008
977 posts
765 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I agree with the above posters. Twice I had to wait six months and there was no Covid then. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
HawaiianGate wrote: I submitted a paper (was required to) request few months ago to CRA for changing my return for one of my previous years. I received a reply in CRA MyAccount regarding that request and they asked for some documentation. I replied to them requesting more information in less than 24 hours after I saw their reply.

My question is does anyone know how quick they are in responding to queries made through CRA MyAccount? Do they take couple of weeks to respond or a few days or just a few hours?

I know it’s an absurd question so if you don’t know, then that’s fine too. I am just interested in knowing timeline wa when people submit T1 adjustment request for their Personal returns.
Since changes require manual processing(I.e. open, investigate and make decision), the requests will be put on a list on a first come first serve basis. Also it depends how complicated your request is and the availability of CRA people that can handle your kind of requests. So there is no rule as to the time line it will take.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)