Expired Hot Deals

Crabtree-Evelyn Private Sale: 20% off STOREWIDE including sale items (now thru Feb 1)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2010 9:20 am
[OP]
Jan 4, 2010
157 posts
81 upvotes

Crabtree-Evelyn Private Sale: 20% off STOREWIDE including sale items (now thru Feb 1)

[IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/52/502943234/m0129 ... re_top.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/52/502943234/m0129 ... re_btm.jpg[/IMG]

Simply enter Offer Code: SECRET20 at checkout to receive 20% OFF on EVERYTHING on crabtree-evelyn.com --- even their Deal of the Day products and other sale items.

Today's Deal of The Day is: $12 Traveler Gift Sets (31-40% off regular prices)

Other specials include:

1. 20% off products of their February Fragrance of the Month, Lavender.
2. 30% off 500ml Value Sizes
3. 40% off Selected Gifts
4. Up to 50% Off Aromatherapy & Naturals products
5. Up to 75% off Holiday Home & Body products

[Remember: the private sale offer code works on these sale items, too. That means a 20% off discount becomes a 36% off discount, 30% off becomes 44% off.]

And the best thing is: Shipping is FREE on orders of $50+ even to Canada.
(My test confirms that this free shipping offer applies to Canada, too - which is very unusual in my shopping experience with them.)

Shipping to Canada is Flat-Rate ($10.95)

A few things to note:

1. The website doesn't seem to enforce the restriction on the number of "Deal of the Day" products purchased in one order. It says: Limit 2, but you can buy like 10 of them and they won't cancel your order.

2. Your order will be taxed according to your shipping address: e.g. GST+PST for Ontario

3. No duty charges, we believe.

For more details, please see this post.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I can't get the order to go thru without it adding the 10.95 shipping...I filled my basket (came to $70 less $14 savings with your promo code) and the shipping shows free until I get to the payment page - and then it adds the shipping back on.
Too bad, I wanted to try the gardeners products ... the 1-800 number isn't any good until Monday...so I'll keep trying.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Can anyone confirm that the free shipping is applicable to Canadian orders?
Dec 17, 2008
14 posts
Toronto
I don't think it's free shipping for Canadian customers. I'm still getting charged 10.95 shipping even with a $75 purchase (before discounts). Would have been a great deal with the free shipping. Thanks anyways OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
That's too bad ...I didn't realize I needed some of their products until I saw this post :)
Now I'm on a quest..those gardeners products, the hand cream and scrub..and the foam milk bath appealed to me. The cost of the shipping pretty much eliminates the 20% off...
I will have to shop around for an instore sale..there is a store close to me...
[OP]
Jan 4, 2010
157 posts
81 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: That's too bad ...I didn't realize I needed some of their products until I saw this post :)
Now I'm on a quest..those gardeners products, the hand cream and scrub..and the foam milk bath appealed to me. The cost of the shipping pretty much eliminates the 20% off...
I will have to shop around for an instore sale..there is a store close to me...
Hmm... that's very weird... cuz when I tried it last night, it still showed as Free Shipping even AFTER I had chosen the shipping method! I was very surprised because Free Shipping was always only good for U.S. in my experience. Sorry guys... false hope :(

So I guess ... to us, the "20% off store-wide sale" is actually "Free Shipping to Canada on orders of $50+"... which is not that bad since most of the sale items online are not on such big sale or not even on sale in stores in Canada.

Go to a local store tmr to check out the prices. The online sale is good through Monday. You still have time to compare prices and get the best deal. :D
[OP]
Jan 4, 2010
157 posts
81 upvotes
I think I'm gonna buy some 500ml Value-Size body lotions, the $7 Aromatherapy Distillations Milk Bath, and the three $7 Aromatherapy Distillations Body Lotions (Purifying - Refreshing, Revitalizing - Conditioning, and Relaxing - Soothing).

The Value-Size Body Lotion (500ml) is only $18 ($14.40 after 20% off discount), and you know how much the regular sizes (250ml) are? Also $18 on the website... which doesn't make sense at all ...LOL... and I think stores in Canada don't carry the 500ml-Value-Size versions (can someone confirm?)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
51 upvotes
Roomie wrote: I think I'm gonna buy some 500ml Value-Size body lotions, the $7 Aromatherapy Distillations Milk Bath, and the three $7 Aromatherapy Distillations Body Lotions (Purifying - Refreshing, Revitalizing - Conditioning, and Relaxing - Soothing).

The Value-Size Body Lotion (500ml) is only $18 ($14.40 after 20% off discount), and you know how much the regular sizes (250ml) are? Also $18 on the website... which doesn't make sense at all ...LOL... and I think stores in Canada don't carry the 500ml-Value-Size versions (can someone confirm?)
No idea but the Canadian stores never have good sales or else lousy discounts.
The naturals line is nice and the body washes are like $7 while in the Canadian stores they are usually almost $20.

might get stuff for gifts!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Since I'm a crabtree-evelyn newbie ..what is a body wash? How is it used?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7902 posts
1572 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: Since I'm a crabtree-evelyn newbie ..what is a body wash? How is it used?
Body wash is soap for the shower, except in liquid form. What do you use when you take a shower? Bar soap? It's a huge difference between crabtree stuff and the regulars. Your skin tends to feel more smooth, more fresh, and relaxed too. I was influenced by my girlfriend, now I'm all over it. You should definitely give it a try. Excellent product.
Nov 14, 2004
88 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't this be a good deal since the exchange rate would be better than the Canadian price mark ups in store?

I'm not sure about the valu-sized body lotion in store, but I didn't see the larger hand therapy creams at Eaton Centre last week.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Thanks for the explanations :)
I'm just placing my order..after visiting the store I decided to order online since, in my case, it's a better deal using the OP code and paying the $10.95 shipping.
A few prices I noticed (going by memory, so don't quote me):
India Hicks 450g spider lily bath salts (comes in a really nice glass container that I'll reuse) $36 in store - $30 online ($24 after discount)
Gardeners Hand Therapy $26 in store - $22 online ($18 after discount)
Nantucket Briar Foaming Milk bath $25 - $15 online ($12 after discount)
They had, out front of the store in Newmarket Upper Canada Mall, the 500ml body wash in a few scents for $15 (reg $26 according to the sign). These are online for $18. I'm not sure if my online price is in US or Cnd..but rates not too much of an issue these days...
Hope this helps someone else trying to decide...
[OP]
Jan 4, 2010
157 posts
81 upvotes
I just went to the Crabtree & Evelyn store at Yorkdale today. Didn't see any sale at all. I thought they had something like ... Buy a Hand Remedy and get a Hand Therapy half-price... something like that. Anyway, it doesn't matter cuz the online sales are way better.

The $7 Aromatherapy Distillations Body Lotion and Milk Bath, the 500-ml Value Size Body Lotion, and the Lavender line are what I find more appealing.

I forgot to check the store if they carried the 500ml Value Sizes body lotion, but I highly doubt it, cuz I don't recall seeing them at all here in Canada.

US$14.40 for $500ml online (when it is Cad$2x for 250ml here in-stores) is a very good deal.

The Aromatherapy Distillations and Lavender products are not on sale at all, either.. here in stores in Canada, but they are 64%/76% off and 36% off online respectively --- not to mention the markup of Canadian prices vs. the U.S.'s.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2010
157 posts
81 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: Thanks for the explanations :)
Gardeners Hand Therapy $26 in store - $22 online ($18 after discount)
They had, out front of the store in Newmarket Upper Canada Mall, the 500ml body wash in a few scents for $15 (reg $26 according to the sign). These are online for $18.
I'm not sure if my online price is in US or Cnd..but rates not too much of an issue these days...

US$18 for a 250ml Hand Therapy (Best Hand Cream) is a very good deal. I used to like La Source... but I'm falling in love with Gardener. :D

500ml Body Wash on sale at C & E in Newmarket Upper Canada Mall? Does it mean that they might have the Body Lotion in 500ml, too? Hmm... I guess I need to make another trip to a C & E store tmr (today).

Prices are in U.S. on the website.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I didn't see any lotions on sale in front of the store..you could call and inquire though. If I remember, it was all 'clear' liquids..prehaps a 1/2 dozen scents. I would have grabbed the Nantucket Briar if they'd had it but that one wasn't there.
I do a bit of gardening so the gardeners products caught my eye. I ordered the Gardeners Hand Care Caddy which I thought was a deal for the both products - and will look great in my powder room :)
Thanks again for the post!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Just a heads up. I contacted Crabtree-Evelyn about the free shipping to Canada and was told there is NEVER free shipping to Canada, it's just too expensive. The customer service rep agreed with me, after reading the shipping information, that it isn't very clear and she would pass on the information. To to top it off she credited my shipping - but just this once...

In the OP post there is mention of duties. If we are paying PST&GST ...are the items being shipping from within Canada, therefore no customs/duties?