Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

CRAFTSMAN 208CC 21'' Single-Stage Snow Thrower $449.99 [DEAD]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2014 10:40 am
Jul 15, 2011
368 posts
451 upvotes

[Sears] CRAFTSMAN 208CC 21'' Single-Stage Snow Thrower $449.99 [DEAD]

[IMG]http://catalog.sears.ca/wcsstore/Master ... 2261_P.jpg[/IMG]

The snow blower will be on sale for one day only, which is Oct 13 (Thanksgiving). Seems like a solid deal as the lowest price before was $499.99 according to the system. The design and specs are very similar to the Toro 721E that Home Depot is currently selling for $539. The only difference I can see is the engine size which is minimal (208cc vs 212cc in Toro), and the fact that the Craftsman model has a remote chute joystick and a light.

Coupons:
Sears Canada: Get a $10 Off $50 coupon when you sign up to receive Sears.ca newsletter emails. Valid for new email sign ups only.
Ebates: Up to 5% cash back.

• Durable auger grabs and throws snow while pulling the thrower along when engaged for easy of movement and use.
  • 208cc single-stage OHV winterized engine designed for cold starts
  • Electric start, auger propelled drive system
  • 9" diam. auger with durable rubber paddles grabs and throws snow while pulling the thrower along when engaged
  • 21" w. clearing path
  • 1 forward speed
  • 2-way chute quickly changes from side-to-side
  • 8" x 2" tires
  • Yard light
  • 2 Years Limited Warranty
74 replies
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
anybody use mastercraft snowblowers? The specs on this look good i.e chute control, but would be interesting how this compares to the Toro 721E with respect to performance.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
hyperzore wrote: anybody use mastercraft snowblowers?
Do you mean Craftsman? Yes, many do from Sears, Mastercraft is Canadian Tire.
CHIA
Jul 21, 2003
980 posts
184 upvotes
hyperzore wrote: anybody use mastercraft snowblowers? The specs on this look good i.e chute control, but would be interesting how this compares to the Toro 721E with respect to performance.
Just bumping this up... does anyone have any experience with these or know what the engine is?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
WOW! $200 off to $450 is, imo, sizzling hot for a 205cc!

I WOULD buy this if I need a snow blower. Please don't be too concerned about the engine for it is most likely made in China for Briggs and Stratton. And the machine is quite likely made by MTD, aka Bolens, Troy-Bilt, Yardworks, Yard Machines, etc.

I still have a over 15yr old 3HP/21" single stage Yard Machine, 98cc!! This mousy squealer earns eternal gratitudes from 3-4 retiree neighbors..

After the season's over, do perform oil-change, emptying fuel, give it a hose-down just as you would with your car! Sel, monsieur, sel. Then fog the whole puppy with a spray of Silicone Lube, from Canadian Tire. Wear n tear items such as drive belt, paddles are eeeasily available.

Or buy Toro and pay that difference...Toro has to spend it on advertising to tell you how good they are...
Jul 21, 2003
980 posts
184 upvotes
Best coupon I can find for sears atm is $10, any one know of anything better?
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Hard to say just because it looks like a Toro, if it will perform like a Toro. I personally would just go with a Toro (never have used the model in question)
Jul 21, 2003
980 posts
184 upvotes
The toro deal is based on price matching it to a local retailer who has it in stock and HD can verify (if they want).
Jul 15, 2011
368 posts
451 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote: Hard to say just because it looks like a Toro, if it will perform like a Toro. I personally would just go with a Toro (never have used the model in question)
Toro snowblower engines are manufactured in China by the same plant that manufactures OHV engines for craftsman, cub cadet and troy bilt engines. Basically if it's a no name engine, you can bet it comes from the same plant.
Mar 30, 2005
244 posts
69 upvotes
It's up. Let it snow...let it snow.
Dec 10, 2002
663 posts
45 upvotes
Placed the order, now need to decide between Toro 721E and this one....
Sep 10, 2010
403 posts
103 upvotes
St Catharines
I bought the 721e because of the commercial user reviews and I haven't seen any craftsmen in those trailers. This looks awfully nice for the price.Maybe I was overly conservative and am out $150.I should have stopped looking at these threads.
Mar 30, 2005
244 posts
69 upvotes
go77306 wrote: Placed the order, now need to decide between Toro 721E and this one....
I don't see homedepot.ca carry the Toro 721 E for $539 like OP said. Cheapest one is 721 R sold online only for $639. The Craftsman is an unbelievable deal regardless.
Dec 10, 2002
663 posts
45 upvotes
I already bought toro 721e, so i am wondering should I return it and keep the CRAFTSMAN.
Sep 15, 2013
53 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks OP. signed up for email newsletter and recieved $10 off for a total of $497. Also used ebates and got 5%
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
go77306 wrote: I already bought toro 721e, so i am wondering should I return it and keep the CRAFTSMAN.
The 721e is most commercial snow removal companies snow blower of choice, its not the wrong decision.
Jun 20, 2005
273 posts
22 upvotes
London
carminooch wrote: Thanks OP. signed up for email newsletter and recieved $10 off for a total of $497. Also used ebates and got 5%
How long did the email take to get there? And how did you get free shipping?
Feb 20, 2012
560 posts
467 upvotes
KITCHENER
RCYK wrote: I don't see homedepot.ca carry the Toro 721 E for $539 like OP said. Cheapest one is 721 R sold online only for $639. The Craftsman is an unbelievable deal regardless.
$529.

http://alpinelawn.com/snow-blowers/sing ... to-ontario

Most Toro dealers are the same price as that right now.
I already bought toro 721e, so i am wondering should I return it and keep the CRAFTSMAN.
It's quite possible this Craftsman is a very good machine and great Buy. But I wouldn't regret buying the Toro, no one does. It will probably be the last snow blower you buy...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)