Expired Hot Deals

Rona

Craftsman Portable Outdoor Fire Pit - 65,000 BTU $129 (reg. $299) YMMV (also at Reno Depot)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 5:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4242 posts
28050 upvotes

[Rona] Craftsman Portable Outdoor Fire Pit - 65,000 BTU $129 (reg. $299) YMMV (also at Reno Depot)

Might be of interest to someone.

In select locations.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=rona&sku=20555052

Also available at Reno Depot,
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=reno&sku=20555052

Lowe's
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=lws&prod=5638228686

Thanks to @seafish
Last edited by hill15 on Jul 22nd, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
41 replies
Dec 18, 2004
191 posts
90 upvotes
Anyone have one? I’m wondering how it compares to the Costco one Outland 21” for $129.99. The biggest thing would be the Costco warranty. The Outland also seems to have a nice carry strap.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1505 posts
2078 upvotes
Trying to understand what this is for.
It looks like something you would bring camping but who camps with a gas firepit?
Jun 12, 2013
257 posts
293 upvotes
Edmonton
RaphaelG041 wrote: Trying to understand what this is for.
It looks like something you would bring camping but who camps with a gas firepit?
We have a propane fire pit and a portable wood fire pit at home. We prefer to use the propane fire pit as we can have it up on the deck, as well as you don't end up smelling like smoke at the end of the night
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2724 posts
1744 upvotes
montreal
Wondering this too...
Maybe for city backyard, on the deck, where real firepit are prohibited ??

Because in camping, nothing like the real thing !!!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1013 posts
631 upvotes
Edmonton
timbit01 wrote: We have a propane fire pit and a portable wood fire pit at home. We prefer to use the propane fire pit as we can have it up on the deck, as well as you don't end up smelling like smoke at the end of the night
What material is your deck? The bottom of the fire pit does not get too hot?
Nov 13, 2014
644 posts
674 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Non-gas/liquid stoves are not permitted during a fire ban in certain area. My friend went camping the other day, brought his portable grill, charcoals, his food, etc. When he got there there was a fire ban and he couldnt use his grill, nor make a fire.
Dec 18, 2004
191 posts
90 upvotes
Besides the city it seems like the real advantage of some of these is that you can use them while they have bans of real fires in parks etc... I don’t think they get too hot on the bottom as most are raised enough to dissipate the rising heat, but you probably wouldn’t want to run it too long on a deck. Convenient to roast a dog or some marshmallows and then turn it off without the fuss of starting a fire. If you’re looking for something to sit around for 4 hours, these go through a fair bit of propane...
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1605 posts
123 upvotes
SirLurksAlot wrote: Anyone have one? I’m wondering how it compares to the Costco one Outland 21” for $129.99. The biggest thing would be the Costco warranty. The Outland also seems to have a nice carry strap.
Costco Outland is 109.99 right now in Ontario. It's 21" and 58k BTU for comparison. From what I've heard, it's more than sufficient as a heat source
Dec 9, 2017
307 posts
851 upvotes
theXshape wrote: Non-gas/liquid stoves are not permitted during a fire ban in certain area. My friend went camping the other day, brought his portable grill, charcoals, his food, etc. When he got there there was a fire ban and he couldnt use his grill, nor make a fire.
hmmm, usually there is an exception for cooking food, especially covered flame - what are you gonna do, go home to eat and come back?
Nov 13, 2014
644 posts
674 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Canadianbac0n wrote: hmmm, usually there is an exception for cooking food, especially covered flame - what are you gonna do, go home to eat and come back?
There were no exceptions when he went(again, I guess it depends on were you go). He was told he could go in the city nearby to buy something else, but before loosing his cool and GTFO of there with his wife and kids a friend of his told him they'd share his propane bbq...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
47140 posts
10314 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
When its too dry there is a ban of open burning. This is due to the danger of forest fires.
Also some people want a fire for ambiance and don't want to mess with wood and smoke.
Dec 28, 2011
434 posts
209 upvotes
OAKVILLE
I bought the Costco Outland one a month ago and I couldn't be happier.

The convenience factor alone makes it very worthwhile. Turn a button and you have instant heat. It is fully adjustable and you can't use it on full setting if you're sitting within a couple of feet as it gets very hot.

I have used it on my porch which is covered and it's fine. You need about 7ft or 8ft of height. Also, it doesn't transmit too much heat downwards so is fine to use on the deck.

I have used for many hours and it doesn't use that much propane.
Sep 15, 2015
975 posts
857 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Costco/HD Outland May dip at $110-80 which I think may be a better value, especially with their return policy, in case of anything

Never heard of craftsman’s firepit
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Dec 8, 2007
102 posts
12 upvotes
Is there a link to the Outland from Costco?
Sep 7, 2014
795 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
timbit01 wrote: We have a propane fire pit and a portable wood fire pit at home. We prefer to use the propane fire pit as we can have it up on the deck, as well as you don't end up smelling like smoke at the end of the night
Still...

Smell smokey is part of camping.

This product is more as you said....for home use.
Aug 30, 2007
482 posts
894 upvotes
Calgary
We’ve got the larger Outland bowl from Costco and love it.

We use it both in the backyard and for camping when firebans won’t allow fires, but will allow contained propane cooking and fire bowls.

Love the larger size fire-bowl, and compared to this Craftsman, the Outland’s sure are purdy!
Dec 27, 2010
146 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
is outland still available at Costco stores in Ontario?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5827 posts
1610 upvotes
calgary
There is going to be a fire ban most likely in all of western canada for the rest of the year.

Propane fires are still allowed though.