Automotive

Crappy tire tire installation and ballancing ripoff

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 12:31 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
6216 posts
3094 upvotes
Cornwall PE
blexann wrote: I saw the main reason you go to CT is for the differed payment (?), do yourself a favor next time and try an independent - depending on your location many on here can refer you to a very good indi shop. For any wheel/tire work I take all our vehicles to a local tire shop - 10+ years. in all that time, zero complaints with service and price.
Till now I have had 0 complaints at this crappy tire after 40+ years. That is buying tires and having them installed. Other things like work I can't do myself indi shop or warranty work on new car at dealership.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
6216 posts
3094 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Update, seems I was double charged on tire installation and balancing, credit issued all good
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9187 upvotes
The NORTH
Thanks for the Update. Wonder how many people get 'accidentally' double billed that don't notice.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
6216 posts
3094 upvotes
Cornwall PE
kr0zet wrote: Thanks for the Update. Wonder how many people get 'accidentally' double billed that don't notice.
Honestly I didn't notice even after examining the paper work, it's all gobbled up in a confusing way, lol kinda like how those old future shop card statements were ten or fifteen years ago.
Anyway not completely happy especially after having a toyota likely a nippondenso tpms sensor replaced with god knows what brand or quality. Anyway lesson learned. This the first car I have owned with 18" tires and wheels so will be paying closer attention to any extra charges tire shops may want to add. I called the store in summerside asking total price for mounting and balancing and was told $18 for each plus tire tax, called the charlottetown store and was quoted $144 plus tire tax. My 16" winters were only tire tax and $16 per tire and the cost of the tires. What I expected at charlottetown was this as well, was told a little more but got an pleasant surprise. And hear is the thing why is there a higher tax for 18" tires?
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
19657 posts
23030 upvotes
GTA
betamaxman wrote: Update, seems I was double charged on tire installation and balancing, credit issued all good
The old.. ask for forgiveness later trick.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6280 upvotes
betamaxman wrote: Update, seems I was double charged on tire installation and balancing, credit issued all good
Highly doubt this was an accident. Credit issued - does that mean your credit card was refunded or a credit note? If it was the latter, they should definitely be giving you a refund given the "mistake" was on their end.

Not sure why you would go there in the first place if you consider it "crappy" lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
6216 posts
3094 upvotes
Cornwall PE
hierophant wrote: Highly doubt this was an accident. Credit issued - does that mean your credit card was refunded or a credit note? If it was the latter, they should definitely be giving you a refund given the "mistake" was on their end.

Not sure why you would go there in the first place if you consider it "crappy" lol.
Just a name, usually refer to super store as stupid store but still go there from time to time if the sale is right, anyway figured it obvious, card refund.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6280 upvotes
betamaxman wrote: Just a name, usually refer to super store as stupid store but still go there from time to time if the sale is right, anyway figured it obvious, card refund.
Nope. "Credit issued" has a different meaning - it is not the same as refund.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)