Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1073 posts
1170 upvotes

Crave confirms 4K rollout

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/08/17/crav ... hromecast/
After the recent announcement of a soft-launch for 4K content on Apple TV, MobileSyrup has received a note from Bell Media has confirmed the launch of 4K content on Crave on Android TV, FireTV and Chromecast platforms.

As Bell mentioned, Crave will be adding additional platforms on the roadmap, with more details being announced when they become available. This news comes after the weekend when users were noticing an ‘Available In 4K’ section on the service.

Crave already confirmed that Wonder Woman 1984 and Zack Snyder’s Justice League are some of the titles that are available in 4K. Now, the company says that Godzilla vs. Kong, which will be available on Crave on Friday, August 20th, will also be in 4K on applicable platforms.
9 replies
Aug 22, 2011
253 posts
237 upvotes
NORTH YORK
only 7 years behind the competition.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16129 posts
21052 upvotes
Toronto
NTWKid wrote: only 7 years behind the competition.
Was the competition Netflix? Any other streaming services in Canada was 4K in 2014?

Posted Friday, May 2, 2014
Netflix Now Streaming in Ultra HD 4K

Netflix: "Five years before Ultra HD 4K becomes mainstream"
4K TV not expected to take off until "most of the TVs on store shelves" are equipped for the format, according to streaming service

Bell CraveTV was launched in December 2014, 4 years after Netflix was available in Canada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crave_(streaming_service)
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2317 posts
719 upvotes
Crave just added 5.1 audio. They're a joke. No incentive to improve the service.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19622 posts
6560 upvotes
Toronto
sixteen12 wrote: Crave just added 5.1 audio. They're a joke. No incentive to improve the service.
The incentive to improve the service?
They seem to be going after the (late) teens and 20 somethings that most likely do not own a TV and have no desire to... (or maybe don't care much about the size of the screen) https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/10/26/crav ... an-launch/
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15792 posts
7089 upvotes
London
So I just signed up for Crave again today... I'm not seeing an "available in 4k" category on my apple tv 4k
Feb 24, 2016
272 posts
333 upvotes
I’m trying to watch dune in 4kHDR on crave.
What a crap service. Glad I’m not paying for it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9370 posts
6738 upvotes
Toronto
Please please don't support this absolutely garbage platform. I only have it because it's included in my property management utilities and even then I only use it to find out what released to download elsewhere because the quality is so bad.
sixteen12 wrote: Crave just added 5.1 audio. They're a joke. No incentive to improve the service.
It still doesn't work on my end despite 5.1 audio working on literally every other service and device in my setup. It's been a commonly reported issue for 2 years now that they can't seem to fix