Crave.ca + Add-ons (incl. HBO) 25% Annual Plans

Deal Link:
Savings:
25% off
Expiry:
November 29, 2020
Retailer:
Crave
Crave.ca has 25% off annual plans, including add-ons like HBO if you change your subscription from Monthly to Annual, until Nov, 29th.

Pretty good deal. $240 for Crave + HBO turns into $180 annually.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 1.04.27 PM.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 16th, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleaned up URL
169 replies
Aug 6, 2009
28 posts
13 upvotes
Is crave.tv the one that says no ads but keeps showing ads?
Jun 20, 2007
206 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
mitchrapp wrote: Is crave.tv the one that says no ads but keeps showing ads?
I've never seen an advertisement on Crave.

What is does feature, however, is some of the worst UI in the biz.
Apr 19, 2019
76 posts
75 upvotes
Wondering if they’ll have the BF discount on gift cards like they did last year
Oct 27, 2009
85 posts
45 upvotes
Gloucester
Anyone interested, when I had them, they had some of the wrost compression i have seen in a streaming service, it was brutal.
Dec 6, 2011
180 posts
94 upvotes
Winnipeg
How many devices can run or watch at the same time?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1072 posts
653 upvotes
livetilapia wrote: How many devices can run or watch at the same time?
"Users are allowed to stream on two devices at the same time."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6637 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
damn only 2 users at a time for $15/mth?! seems the worst amongst the streaming services out there
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1132 posts
498 upvotes
Good content, but horrible UI.. plus i have to set my subtitle preferences EVERY TIME even though I say to "remember my choice". Quality is not the best either.
Dec 30, 2007
812 posts
214 upvotes
Lots of good quality content but still nothing in 4K.
Feb 20, 2019
121 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal
fancypantsfloyd wrote: Good content, but horrible UI.. plus i have to set my subtitle preferences EVERY TIME even though I say to "remember my choice". Quality is not the best either.
100% agree here
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
227 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Yeah, I hardly watch crave or hbo these days
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1134 posts
3010 upvotes
New Brunswick
Do you need to currently be on a monthly sub to get this? Or can all-new users get it too?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
I have a bit of difficulty understanding the Crave online subscription.
A Crave only subscription includes Showtime and classic HBO. Also, there's an add-on for movies + HBO. What is the difference between the two, does anyone know?
For HBO shows unrestricted viewing do I need the Crave subscription and the add-on? Does only the subscription suffice?
Wow this is confusing.
Sep 5, 2011
78 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
govas19 wrote: I have a bit of difficulty understanding the Crave subscription.
A Crave only subscription includes Showtime and classic HBO. Also, there's an add-on for movies + HBO. What is the difference between the two, does anyone know?
For HBO shows unrestricted viewing do I need the Crave subscriptions and the add-on? Does only the subscription suffice?
Wow this is confusing.
“Classic HBO” means older shows like The Sopranos and early seasons of newer shows like Game of Thrones. Everything more recent including the last season of GOT are currently only in the Movies + HBO addon.

Also, there is no way to subscribe to just the HBO addon.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1187 posts
110 upvotes
govas19 wrote: I have a bit of difficulty understanding the Crave subscription.
For HBO shows unrestricted viewing do I need the Crave subscriptions and the add-on? Does only the subscription suffice?
Wow this is confusing.
I'm not sure where they draw the line for HBO - but all the newer content seems to need a subscription. We subscribed a couple years ago for GoT, but have kept it for the steady stream of new content that comes out. They also have some exclusive movie content that is only available with the subscription. If it's confusing - maybe just assume that no HBO content comes on the basic subscription (although I have a feeling things like Sopranos, Wire, etc may be) and pretty much all content requires the subscription.
Sep 5, 2011
78 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Just as an aside/clarification - this is 25% off the monthly price, however Crave has long offered plans which were 12 months for the price of 10 ($100/year for the base package or $200 with HBO). This is only a 10% further savings off that price.
Nov 24, 2014
178 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The crave app sucks...just FYI. It will randomly tell you do not have an active subscription every now and then. And you have to do your login/logout on your smarttv/chromecast/firetv. Very annoying.
Last edited by franko031 on Dec 26th, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
Thx. So basically I have to pay $180/year for unrestricted online access to the HBO content.