Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
might as well give money to the devil than fake news warner brothers
Mar 15, 2013
757 posts
396 upvotes
Fredericton
madmox wrote: I just signed up for a year a few days ago. $180 for crave + movies & HBO. Used 2 $100 gift cards @ $75 each. Paid the balance of $23.78 on cc. Comes to just under $14 a month.
I think you paid Reg annual fee if $199.98 plus tax then used gift cards and then your $23. $180x1.13 is only $203.40 Would have only been $3.40. Still ok.
Images
  • 83E52EA2-8BBF-40C1-93D4-C1E652B7781E.png
Oct 16, 2011
474 posts
311 upvotes
franko031 wrote: The crave app sucks...just FYI. It will randomly tell you do not have an active subscription every now and then. And you have to do your login/logout on your smarttv/chromecast/firetv. Very annoying.
This is the most annoying thing ever and always happens to me.

It knows I’m logged in and even remembers my saved shows but tells me I don’t have an active subscription and I’m forced to log out and log in again (which is annoying on a Smart TV and FireStick).

This has been an issue for ages. No clue why they won’t fix it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2323 posts
922 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Where is the 100 for 75, has that expired?

Update: Yes it has!
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Oct 28, 2012
119 posts
174 upvotes
VICTORIA
For those that purchased the gift cards, watch out. Your subscription is likely to now include ads.

Watching Letter Kenny on Crave last night via my Fire Stick, and I was forced to watch an ad before the show would start (inside the Crave app, not an Amazon ad). Never had this before, first time was last night. Anyone else seen this?

Glad my sub expires in a couple days. Will not be renewing if they're going to start forcing ads on me.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2134 posts
840 upvotes
Ottawa
pauldryan wrote: Went to their website today to determine how to pin down what devices are supposedly registered that are preventing me from activating on my ShieldTV ... no luck since I subscribe through ShawDirect instead of directly through Bell. When I finished searching their help section, received a pop-up asking me to complete a survey intended to improve my user experience. They proceeded to give me a lengthy survey exploring every possible option to deliver up ads on the CraveTV service. This includes conventional interruptions, before & after ads, pop-ups, ads that wrap around the entire screen, and ticker-tape ads. They also wanted to know if I would be willing to pay more for the service to avoid ads altogether. Think twice before you sign up for a year because sooner, not later the monopolists will be squeezing more money at the expense of viewer satisfaction. Smiling Face With Horns
There you have it. Only six weeks after I posted this; they didn't waste any time with the ads and I'm confident it will get much worse with the scrolling banner ads during the programs like they are already doing on CTV and Global.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Oct 28, 2012
119 posts
174 upvotes
VICTORIA
pauldryan wrote: There you have it. Only six weeks after I posted this; they didn't waste any time with the ads and I'm confident it will get much worse with the scrolling banner ads during the programs like they are already doing on CTV and Global.
They never seem to learn. People originally flocked to Netflix to avoid the multi-channel add-ons, advertisements, and hundreds being spent on content they didn't want, so they could binge the entire season of a show if they desired.

Now every publisher has their own service (at $5 - $10 each), many shows are being released weekly rather than all at once, and they're starting to inject ads into the content again. Is it getting close to time to dig out my eye patch and parrot?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2134 posts
840 upvotes
Ottawa
Snake13 wrote: They never seem to learn. People originally flocked to Netflix to avoid the multi-channel add-ons, advertisements, and hundreds being spent on content they didn't want, so they could binge the entire season of a show if they desired.

Now every publisher has their own service (at $5 - $10 each), many shows are being released weekly rather than all at once, and they're starting to inject ads into the content again. Is it getting close to time to dig out my eye patch and parrot?
Don't forget to shine your hook and oil your wooden leg. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
yadda, yadda, yadda
Nov 6, 2019
64 posts
73 upvotes
I hear you guys, its subscriptions galore, wait till they start somehow bundling these subscriptions. I thought I was done with cable TV and add on, but im back at the same place :)
Oct 28, 2012
119 posts
174 upvotes
VICTORIA
Looks like Crave has told iPhoneInCanada that it was an error and ads aren't coming to the platform.

Seems suspicious that they're putting out surveys about it, have the code running to display ads, and have real ads ready to go. But yeah, it was an "error" and not a "whoops you caught us".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)