• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2021 10:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1448 posts
901 upvotes

Crave TV on Android

Hi there, I am trying to install the Crave TV app on my Sony android TV and get a message "Crave by Bell Media ins't available on Google Play on this device"

I cut the cord on cable so only have an Android TV. Has anybody been able to install Crave TV on their android TV?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29090 posts
4778 upvotes
Montreal
There is a Crave for Android TV app. I have it on my nvidia shield. It's possible it was not validated for the Sony implementation of Android TV.

Try sideloading the apk.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1448 posts
901 upvotes
mr_raider wrote: There is a Crave for Android TV app. I have it on my nvidia shield. It's possible it was not validated for the Sony implementation of Android TV.

Try sideloading the apk.
Thanks. I noticed there was an upgrade to Sony recently after which things seem to be problematic. Do you have a link to the apk
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29090 posts
4778 upvotes
Montreal
itemsale2003 wrote: Thanks. I noticed there was an upgrade to Sony recently after which things seem to be problematic. Do you have a link to the apk
Try a site like apk mirror
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8836 posts
5829 upvotes
Global Village
My advice, get yourself a FireTV stick, if you reply on Sony for smartTV updates you're bound to be disappointed.

home-depot-amazon-firestick-4k-50-2466271/
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1448 posts
901 upvotes
mr_raider wrote: There is a Crave for Android TV app. I have it on my nvidia shield. It's possible it was not validated for the Sony implementation of Android TV.

Try sideloading the apk.
mr_raider wrote: Try a site like apk mirror
Downloaded and installed the apk from apk mirror. Unfortunately, when I load the app the screen is flipped like a phone with all app buttons on the right side. I am unable to change that to landscape mode on TV. Looks like I will have to get a fire stick.