Real Estate

Crazy drama unfolds as landlord’s facebook group taken over…

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2022 2:24 pm
28 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
13073 posts
16674 upvotes
Toronto
Lol yea that will really show the landlords. Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 21, 2013
20 posts
18 upvotes
doesn't this type of stuff just make even less people want to lease out their property ...
Aug 15, 2018
809 posts
744 upvotes
If only they put that much energy doing something productive..
Sep 27, 2021
578 posts
765 upvotes
Big deal. Anyone can create another FB group for landlords in 5 minutes.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3212 posts
422 upvotes
Mississauga
Next do Assignment Groups and pretend all of them want to be bought by a sovereign Wealth Fund.
Nov 25, 2016
191 posts
164 upvotes
jetkwan wrote: doesn't this type of stuff just make even less people want to lease out their property ...
Yep, they don't understand more landlords means more competitions, thus lower price. These groups are always doing the exact opposite, lmao.
Nov 14, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
I'm a little surprised this counts as news. I guess news websites are looking at getting whatever stories they can
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2020
2827 posts
3388 upvotes
Aw, cmon. Give em this one, I laughed. I'd say this is a pretty good move by the conspirators.
Jan 25, 2021
305 posts
287 upvotes
She looks like exactly the type of person I would never rent to lol
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1986 posts
2045 upvotes
Toronto
I find it so funny that they post about "were all on the same side, if you find a liberal. We're all lefties here"

How do anti house price folk really put themselves in the liberal camp. What kind of mind fk do you have to do to feel like liberals are your party when rent and house prices doubled under them in 8 years lol.

Not to mention the 55+ demo and all of the wealthiest areas of Toronto proper vote liberal. Lol.

JT could literally N12 them himself and they'd vote for him 🤣
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
4118 posts
4022 upvotes
Toronto
So now u need to prove land deed and birth certificate to become a fb group moderator…
To the moon
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19378 posts
17847 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
jetkwan wrote: doesn't this type of stuff just make even less people want to lease out their property ...
It does.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1986 posts
2045 upvotes
Toronto
blackhatt wrote: The fewer hobby landlords the better
Renters would love that I bet... they sure are competing with each other for all the non "hobby-landlord" units in corporate managed apartment rentals.

oh wait, those are all the undesired places to live and rent for cheaper than comparable private owned dwellings in the same areas.

lol
Sep 27, 2008
880 posts
1085 upvotes
krn905 wrote: Renters would love that I bet... they sure are competing with each other for all the non "hobby-landlord" units in corporate managed apartment rentals.

oh wait, those are all the undesired places to live and rent for cheaper than comparable private owned dwellings in the same areas.

lol
Purpose built apartments rent for cheaper than newer condos with more amenities? Color me shocked.
Sep 15, 2017
876 posts
1064 upvotes
Kids need something to do between welly cheques is my interpretation of this.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1986 posts
2045 upvotes
Toronto
blackhatt wrote: Purpose built apartments rent for cheaper than newer condos with more amenities? Color me shocked.
I see old ass condos with no amenities go for more than the apartments that are purpose built, yes, even new ones.

Metcap and the like are really shitty to live under, and often because of concentration this tends to be a cluster of similar apartments instead of mixed within varied developments. Plenty of old condos along king that people prefer to the renovated apartments just beside them in Parkdale, ect..

I personally prefer renting under a corporate landlord, but most people I find have a dislike for it as at some point they heard a Hororr story about X management company. Metcap is a good example as they control alot here.
Sep 27, 2008
880 posts
1085 upvotes
krn905 wrote: I see old ass condos with no amenities go for more than the apartments that are purpose built, yes, even new ones.

Metcap and the like are really shitty to live under, and often because of concentration this tends to be a cluster of similar apartments instead of mixed within varied developments. Plenty of old condos along king that people prefer to the renovated apartments just beside them in Parkdale, ect..

I personally prefer renting under a corporate landlord, but most people I find have a dislike for it as at some point they heard a Hororr story about X management company. Metcap is a good example as they control alot here.
Show me an example of comparable places in comparable locations with materially different rental prices.

I often see the opposite preference: a corporate landlord cant renovict you at their whim. Yes, net cap is bad, but they at least know the rules.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)