• May 4th, 2011 10:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
31 upvotes

Crazy Future Shop Staffer

How is this for a crazy experience. I was in a Future Shop recently checking out the DVBD stock after I was doing some shopping. Now while I was not hogging the isle I was loaded with a few bags which I did not want to put down. ANyway as I was looking some guy comes walking along with what I suspected the mind set is he was going to push through without so much as a slowdown of speed or a excuse me. ANyway I was surprised when he stopped a few centimeters of me. Once he stopped he looked at me for a few seconds, then the shelf and then back to me without saying a word. Then he turns around and goes back down down the aisle after about 30 seconds he repeated what he did before. Now after 60 seconds he did not come back but a staffer came back and told me in a firm voice I should not harass customers. I asked him to explain and he said I should of let the customer by. I told him the person did not say anything or even motion that he wanted by. He said perhaps the person did not know ENglish and I told him if that was the case he could of motioned. At that the staffer left frustrated. A few seconds later another staffer came up to me and asked if I could use any help I said know but you should see whats wrong with his co worker and explained what just happenned. This second staffer was even dubfounded with what just occured. So after he left I went to looking again another 60 seconds past and the first staffer came back and said I am not a staff member I am a associate and I would kindly you not to talk to my co workers and I know what I am talking about and what I witnessed so I said to staffer first of all how would I know person wanted by since he did not speak or motion and more importantly if I was doing anything why did he not come forward when this was supposedly going on. Again being frustrated he left. Crazy eh? Do you think I should of done something different or was I right?
57 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
I would've done pretty much everything you did. Kept your cool and defended your intentions (or lack of intentions) - all is good.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
apparently some people didn't learn manners back in elementary school :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
31 upvotes
Actually staffer did not have a name badge or I would of probably called the store when I got home to register a complaint when manager.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
dragon_drift wrote: apparently some people didn't learn manners back in elementary school :facepalm:

This and paragraphs.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dragon_drift wrote: apparently some people didn't learn manners back in elementary school :facepalm:
Or basic English, for that matter ("should of", "could of") ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
bylo wrote: Or basic English, for that matter ("should of", "could of") ;)

This sentence was even worse, I had to read it 3 times to figure out what the OP was trying to convey:

...another staffer came up to me and asked if I could use any help I said know but you should see whats wrong with his co worker and explained what just happenned.
Mar 24, 2006
259 posts
123 upvotes
From reading the OP's post, I have no clue wtf happened...?!?!?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
deathblow wrote: From reading the OP's post, I have no clue wtf happened...?!?!?

OP was rude to another customer, future shop employee rightly called him out on it
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Dec 20, 2010
288 posts
66 upvotes
You think the best way to describe this thread is "Crazy Future Shop Staffer"?

I disagree. Next time, go with "Ignorant Future Shop Customer Makes Pointless Thread"
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3467 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
Ojam wrote: OP was rude to another customer, future shop employee rightly called him out on it

/thread
Dec 20, 2010
288 posts
66 upvotes
Oh, and another thing:

[QUOTE]He said perhaps the person did not know ENglish and I told him if that was the case he could of motioned.[/QUOTE]

Take your own advice.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
Here's a comparison. When the Subway in Toronto (or any public transit, really) is not at all busy, it's expected to see people with their bags on the seat next to them, but since there are lots of empty seats, it's no problem.

When it starts to get more full, where there are no "completely empty benches", some people will blithely keep their bag on the seat. Other people (like me) will notice that it's starting to get full and put their bag on their LAP to free up the seat.

Other riders will leave the bag on the seat and put the onus on standees to ask the person to move the bag. Most people are reluctant to do this, if there are other empty seats around... but what is your opinion of people who leave their bags on seats even when most seats are occupied (I mean individual seats, and that almost every "bench" is at capacity) still waiting for people to ASK them to both move their bag and their body.

A lot of people WILL just remain standing rather than "bother" such inconsiderate but-tholes. I make it a POINT to ask such people to move their bag and sometimes the "eye rolling" or audible "harumph" they issue is worth it.

So, I think OP was taking up FAR TOO MUCH space in the aisle, and had the attitude that people should ASK him to move, and the other shopper took the "WTF you actually want me to ASK you to move or say 'excuse me' when it's YOU who should be saying 'sorry' for taking up the whole aisle?".

So, sorry, OP, no sympathy from me. I hope you'll be less rude and inconsiderate in the future.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
deathblow wrote: From reading the OP's post, I have no clue wtf happened...?!?!?

My exact reaction. Probably took longer than I should have deciphering the post.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
Personally, I think the OP was in the right. If someone wants to get by me in an isle the ONLY thing they need to do is say 'Excuse me' and I'll know that they want to pass.

I doubt anyone is a mind reader. Perhaps the OP should have asked the other guy if he could help him but like the Bible says, 'God helps those who help themselves'.

As far as FS staff is concerned, most are scammers, liars and generally speaking, they're scum. The only wrong thing the OP did was post this riveting tale on the internet.

/thread
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Lazy Susan wrote: Personally, I think the OP was in the right. If someone wants to get by me in an isle the ONLY thing they need to do is say 'Excuse me' and I'll know that they want to pass.

Or you could be considerate of the people around you and if you see somebody coming your way not take up a whole aisle.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Apr 18, 2010
77 posts
11 upvotes
what's so difficult for someone to simply say "Excuse ME". People are getting so sensitive these days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)