Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Creality 3D Official

Creality Ender-3 V2 Neo 3D Printer w/ 16-Pc Extruder MK Brass Nozzle $246.50 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2023 4:58 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
The learning curve is steep, but most of it is figuring out how to get things to stick to the bed and to get good layers.

The Neo line has a bed bed probe which really takes the guess work out of bed leveling. When i got into 3d printing i spent months getting everything right and I'll have one good print. When i went to print the next day it wouldn't stick.

It was so frustrating because everything and i mean everything was correct, it turned out the z stop was faulty.

Now with a bl touch, it easy to start a print. Watch the first few layers and let it print.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5600 posts
2548 upvotes
Kitchener
3D printing really is a huge time sink. After great prints from around 2 rolls worth of filaments, I had been having constant poor extrusion / clogging problem. Attempt #1 to fix it by replacing nozzle + tube failed. I suspect either the bowden tube wasn't cut flat or the filament went to poop (too old). I never got around to try to fix it again and my Ender 3 v2 has been collecting dust for a very very long time. I also have a couple rolls of filaments that probably expired, which is $$$.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2267 posts
2729 upvotes
EastCoastMetro wrote: True for ABS, but regular PLA (which most people will be starting out with) is fine stored on shelf in a room with average humidity levels. Or chuck it in a ziplock bag with the desiccant packet the roll came with if you're really worried. Everything else is spot on though...if you don't enjoy tinkering, it's not the right hobby haha.
I don't fully agree, my pla exhibited pockmarks in the finish which I can only attribute to moisture popping off as it rapidly heats up into the extruder nozzle.

I could have built a dry box but that just further adds to the constant tinkering.

I will look at more user friendly options in a couple years
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Feb 4, 2010
186 posts
99 upvotes
Edmonton
Biggest tip I got was to use the babystep Z adjustment on the pre-printing loops to get the first layer down!

It's almost impossible to level the bed and get the height right too.

I had to upgrade the firmware on my Ender3 to get the babystep option... should be standard now?
Mar 5, 2012
502 posts
606 upvotes
Montréal
TravelJ wrote: Biggest tip I got was to use the babystep Z adjustment on the pre-printing loops to get the first layer down!

It's almost impossible to level the bed and get the height right too.

I had to upgrade the firmware on my Ender3 to get the babystep option... should be standard now?
Totally.

I got a Voxellab Aquila that is an ender 3 v2 clone.

It has the custom Merlin firmware, which allows you to setup 25 zones with different heights to compensate irregularities in the printing plane (even glass can be uneven)

That and adjusting micro Z steps on first layer during the brim print

and finally, painter tape on the glass printing board means I have not had any failed first layer adhesion or prints coming loose since dozens of prints ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
AlexisFR wrote: It has the custom Merlin firmware...
I'm sure you mean Marlin.
Some newbie is going to be confused why Asus router firmware is used on a 3D printer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
The ender is a great printer to start with. The biggest problem I've had is bed leveling and adhesion for the first layers. Glue stick and learning about rafts, brims etc is key.

Second problem generally is curling on larger items after a few layers. And learning about which pla prints well with what settings can be tricky at times.

It gets more time consuming when you want to start trying more complicated prints, or tweaking quality, speed etc (which nozzle etc).
Feb 2, 2009
113 posts
39 upvotes
Halifax
U4IA wrote: The ender is a great printer to start with. The biggest problem I've had is bed leveling and adhesion for the first layers. Glue stick and learning about rafts, brims etc is key.

Second problem generally is curling on larger items after a few layers. And learning about which pla prints well with what settings can be tricky at times.

It gets more time consuming when you want to start trying more complicated prints, or tweaking quality, speed etc (which nozzle etc).
The curling edges (after the first few layers) are typically an overheating issue. PLA needs to be cooled really quickly to get it to "stay" flat, otherwise the internal forces win and it deforms.

The stock part cooling solution stinks. Printing something that has good airflow from both sides, and potentially upgrading to dual fans, can make a big difference. Bonus is that you can get even better bridging. 210C with lots of part cooling, and slow things down if you need to allowing for lots of cooling. Also keep your bed temp to the minimum, in the event you cranked it up due to having adhesion issues.

For adhesion, a PEI build plate can also make a big difference. I prefer the textured one, some people prefer smooth. Just clean it really well with soap and water, and then don't touch the build surface with your hands (oil = bad).

Bed leveling...yeah, you could go could get a BLTouch...personally, I just went to stronger springs. Has to still be tweaked now and then, but less often. My bed does have a dip in the middle, which I've remedied with kapton tape underneath.

Just my $0.02 if there's anything helpful :)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
digriat wrote: Why you should avoid the ender3 and all Crealty products: https://www.reddit.com/user/richie225/c ... lityender/

Here's a very extensive list of recommendations

https://www.reddit.com/user/richie225/c ... ions_2022/
Much of what people are saying is true. This is a hobby and requires lot of time commitment to learn about the tools and how to print correctly. But once you get the hang of it, it really is a useful tool. I am constantly finding new, practical things to print for around the house.

But I will disagree about avoiding the Ender3, especially with the newer Neo series. The Neo fixed a lot of the shortcomings of the original Ender3's. It has a redesigned hotend (better heatsink), full metal extruder, auto bed leveling, updated bed surface, upgraded bed springs, and a silent motherboard.

I have the Ender3 Neo (not the V2 posted) and it worked great out of the box. The sample models that came pre-loaded on the memory card printed perfectly on the first try. And I only paid $170USD for it. The V2 from OP is good too but the only real differences I could see were the colour LCD screen and the flexible build surface. Not worth the additional $75USD for me.

One main advice would be to master printing on PLA before trying more exotic filaments. I made the mistake of buying some TPU, PETG, and ABS since there was a great sale on these from ERYONE. So far I only printed some filament samples (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3346069) but it was not easy and took some trial and error to get things going.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1173 posts
1150 upvotes
Would love to see an ender-3 sized printer from creality that removes the print bed adjustment knobs. They only have one model from what I can tell so far that does for $1000+. Until then Prusa.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
U4IA wrote: The ender is a great printer to start with. The biggest problem I've had is bed leveling and adhesion for the first layers. Glue stick and learning about rafts, brims etc is key.

I know the ender line has gone through various bed surface changes.
I have the original slightly textured bed.
I've never had to consider anything like glue stick, and sometimes I wish it didn't stick so well.
It is very rarely that I use rafts, and that would be a print with very little bottom surface and likely tall for the width.

If adhesion is an issue, drop the speed really low on those first couple of layers.

Curling has never been an issue, so I don't know what is going on there.

I never change settings based on brand.
I know some do, and spend a great deal of time on it.
Maybe I've just been lucky and not encountered an oddball one.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3440 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg
krazykanuck wrote: Opinions on the SolVol SV06?
I got one last Nov. when they had it on sale for US$239... I'm a newbie with 3D printing, and my first print was great... The instructions were spot on and easy to follow... however, I have some levelling issues, and some of my prints seems to be uneven (warping)... was able to solve it by using brims (even though they say it's not needed for PLA).. Some says it's due to the filament, as I am using cheap filament, I don't really know if the warping is due to the filament or the uneven levelling...

Overall it's a great printer as some of my prints in default mode are smooth and doesn't even look like it came from 3D printer... 90% of my prints are great
Jun 10, 2003
898 posts
856 upvotes
Speaking from experience, I purchased an Ender series and then a Prusa.

I understand it is a totally different price point but you have to ask yourself…what is your time worth? I had nothing but frustration with starter 3d printers. I kept having to make tweaks and aborted runs and extruder clogs, etc.

I began questioning what was the hobby? Troubleshooting the printer or doing the printing and design. It was not a fun hobby.

Then I splurged and got the Prusa. Even the mini is good enough but I got the full size on Boxing Day. I have not looked back. It is plug and play and not a single issue with it. My kids and I are spending all our time doing more creative design and online print templates than troubleshooting.
Images
  • 57E27F1B-6C6D-4566-8123-B5056B82D4C3.jpeg
  • ABC0749E-3B66-430E-8C7D-F256904829BE.jpeg
Jun 9, 2006
106 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have feedback on the Sovol SV06.
On for $259 USD - $5 =$254 USD with code A5A5 plus free shipping (Ships Mar 5th).
Looks like a lot of features at this price point.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)