Expired Hot Deals

[Creality] Creality Ender 3 Pro US$194 (~CDN$259), ProX US$204 (~CDN$273) Sep 30 - Oct 3

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 9:39 am
Tags:
Mar 4, 2008
243 posts
415 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Been wanting to get into a 3D printer for a long time now, but I've been waiting for the products to mature. What's the better unit between the Pro and v2?
In doing some research it seems the V2 is better than the pro. If you want to see some differences they are outlined here.

https://www.creality.com/blog-detail/en ... ender-3-v2

I'm on the fence for a V2, it's a bit cheaper as well with the sale.
Feb 26, 2014
430 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Pro just sold out again as I was checking out... Probably order a v2 tonight if it doesn't come back in stock when I get home.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1108 posts
573 upvotes
Someone convince me to buy this...has anyone with a home 3D printer turned it into a hobby/side business?
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1328 posts
683 upvotes
Does it matter if I order from another warehouse? Will I get hit with customs?
Sep 29, 2010
387 posts
459 upvotes
Mobiledeals wrote: Back in stock
And back out of stock... *eyeroll*

TBH, I've been doing a bit of reseatch, and it's not even worth getting after you upgrade it, might as well buy a V2 with most of the improvements built in.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1328 posts
683 upvotes
pdipps wrote: And back out of stock... *eyeroll*

TBH, I've been doing a bit of reseatch, and it's not even worth getting after you upgrade it, might as well buy a V2 with most of the improvements built in.
Do you have more details?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1184 posts
1002 upvotes
Markham
D168 wrote: Does it matter if I order from another warehouse? Will I get hit with customs?
For all the products on their site, shipping warehouse:
Canada - no shipping fee, no customs, no tax (legally you're obligated to remit tax on your own if it's not collected, I'll leave that up to you and the CRA)
China - $30 flat fee. Maybe customs + tax.
USA - won't ship out of USA
EU countries - won't ship out of EU
No country listed - probably means from China. Items that I tried added either $15 or $30 shipping.

There are no non-Machines that are listed as shipping from Canada that I could find, so I wouldn't bother going through them to get the "Buy 2 items, get 5% off!" but you're welcome to.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Sep 29, 2010
387 posts
459 upvotes
D168 wrote: Do you have more details?
The main thing it seems to come with is a quieter board and a glass bed. Pretty sure those upgrades alone make it roughly the same in cost, plus there's all sorts of other minor improvements.
May 20, 2004
601 posts
344 upvotes
Goonish wrote: So I've been trying to get into the game for a while now and the number of options for the Ender 3 alone is overwhelming. Non-Pro, Pro, X?, V2? Brass tacks, which one do I go with and why? Is there a concise guide?
Ender 3 Pro is currently the same price as Ender 3, so that is a no brainer to go with the Pro. It has upgraded components.

Ender 3 Pro 'X' is just a pro with added accessories, a glass bed and nozzles. It's definitely worth the $10 difference in cost for these accessories. You will eventually need new nozzles, and the glass bed is the preferred printing surface for many people. Though the magnetic base is great too, I haven't had the need to upgrade my base yet. These accessories would cost ~$40 to order alone.

Ender 3 V2 is an Ender 3 Pro with a silent motherboard (~$50 value), tool box (which can be printed if you get the 3 Pro), and new UI, among other upgrades. The price difference is currently $70, so if you plan on upgrading a 3 pro to the silent motherboard (~$50), it's worth the $20 for the remaining upgrades ordering the V2.

If you're putting the 3d printer where noise isn't an issue (basement), and you want a low-cost workhorse, I would go with the Ender 3 Pro 'X'. If noise is an issue (in an office/bedroom), I would get the Ender 3 V2. Personally, I ordered the Ender 3 Pro as the V2 was sold out at the time, and have done the silent motherboard upgrade myself. Starting out in 3D printing, if you can afford the upgrade to the V2, do that.
Aug 14, 2017
64 posts
22 upvotes
Damn just saw this now but it looks like its sold out again.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1184 posts
1002 upvotes
Markham
Ender 3 Pro back in stock!

Feb 26, 2014
430 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still torn haha
I was going to get the Pro, but now thinking of just getting the V2 to same time for the upgrades. $199USD vs $269USD before the $5 promo.
There's a sale starting Oct 4th that if you buy a printer you get 1kg of filament free, but it doesn't say when the V2 sale ends, it might go back up to $289 on Oct 4th.

decisions, decisions.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2246 posts
1850 upvotes
Vancouver
Practicing printing 28mm minis on my ender 3 v2. Still very very happy I finally bought one!

Aug 8, 2010
769 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
I'm in the same boat. Hoping the price doesn't go back up and I'll pull the trigger on the V2 with the free filament.
steez03 wrote: I'm still torn haha
I was going to get the Pro, but now thinking of just getting the V2 to same time for the upgrades. $199USD vs $269USD before the $5 promo.
There's a sale starting Oct 4th that if you buy a printer you get 1kg of filament free, but it doesn't say when the V2 sale ends, it might go back up to $289 on Oct 4th.

decisions, decisions.
Aug 6, 2014
48 posts
18 upvotes
Lower Sackville, NS
I'm also on team V2 (I think). Seems like a good deal with the filament. If the price goes back up to $289 then probably I'll just wait, I'm not in a huge rush.

Its really a tough choice, for someone new to 3d printing, am I really going to notice the upgrades of the V2 over the pro?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2176 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

decisions, decisions.
I got the pro without doing much research a month ago and love it. Didn't think the stepper noise would bother me, but it did, so upgraded to the silent board. Cost wise I'm probably close to the v2 money, so I should have bought that to begin with.
Others were saying that the pro is shipping with a silent board now from creality, in which case you have to decide if the minor upgrades of the v2 are worth it for you.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1184 posts
1002 upvotes
Markham

decisions, decisions.
I considered waiting for the free filament, but also wasn't sure if the sale price would hold. Creality's official silent board isn't as good as the SKR ones from what I read. So if I do plan to go silent, I'd rather get a better one. If you don't want to bother with having to change the board though, the V2 is much easier. Most of the other other upgrades, like the tray and tensioners, I thought it'd be a good exercise to print myself since I'm new to 3d printing. And official glass beds are only $23-25 on Amazon.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5912 posts
1396 upvotes
Breezer43 wrote: I'm also on team V2 (I think). Seems like a good deal with the filament. If the price goes back up to $289 then probably I'll just wait, I'm not in a huge rush.

Its really a tough choice, for someone new to 3d printing, am I really going to notice the upgrades of the V2 over the pro?
The 2 major upgrades pretty much make up the price difference. A silent 2209 motherboard is around US$45 but does give you the flexibility to choose a "stock" setup or one that can do 2 extruders and wifi, etc. The glass plate is in the US$20 range. The stock extruder uses all plastic parts but mine came with brass inserts in the filament path. The upgrade to an all-metal extruder is as low as US$8 or equivalent. I'm not sure how to value the belt tensioners and screen update. But essentially, there really is no price difference after adjusting for upgrades. If you're not sure if you'll like the hobby, get the cheaper one.
iddqd85 wrote: I got the pro without doing much research a month ago and love it. Didn't think the stepper noise would bother me, but it did, so upgraded to the silent board. Cost wise I'm probably close to the v2 money, so I should have bought that to begin with.
Others were saying that the pro is shipping with a silent board now from creality, in which case you have to decide if the minor upgrades of the v2 are worth it for you.
Reports are that the pro comes with A4988 steppers. Overall, ALL the noise is coming from the PSU fan. I can barely hear the stepper motors.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Sep 11, 2010
79 posts
53 upvotes
evanwier wrote: Practicing printing 28mm minis on my ender 3 v2. Still very very happy I finally bought one!

These came out really good....what size nozzle are you using and whats the brand of PLA for the top print?