Expired Hot Deals

[Creality] Creality Ender 3 Pro US$194 (~CDN$259), ProX US$204 (~CDN$273) Sep 30 - Oct 3

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 7:55 pm
Tags:
Jr. Member
Apr 4, 2010
113 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
cba123 wrote: Unless you used usd credit card, you would have made or most likely lost money on the refund depending on the fx rate at time of refund.

I saw amazon had the 3 pro for 245 in the first 40 minutes of prime, before it was sold out and listing disappeared but those may have been older units with 8 bit boards. The second listing for 269 that stayed up longer during prime was slightly more than what I paid after the fx rate, and wouldn't know which board will be included.
Don't the 3pro all come with 8 bit boards? I heard the newer ones come with a different board but it still isn't a silent board. There were some good deals on v2. Like simplyton said, waiting is fine for me if I know what the wait is. I was expecting only a week wait given that they supposedly has stock in the Canada warehouse and the warehouse is in the same city as me.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
1479 posts
397 upvotes
Oakville
bitbitbit wrote: Don't the 3pro all come with 8 bit boards? I heard the newer ones come with a different board but it still isn't a silent board. There were some good deals on v2. Like simplyton said, waiting is fine for me if I know what the wait is. I was expecting only a week wait given that they supposedly has stock in the Canada warehouse and the warehouse is in the same city as me.
The v2 definitely comes with 32 bit boards.

The Pro came with 8 bit boards, but this post back on Aug 29 in the Hot Deals thread advised that Creality changed it up recently, and @csatlos advised that they received a v4.2.2 32 bit board (assumed to be referring to the Pro as they referenced and linked to the Pro version in their message). amazon-ca-official-creality-3d-ender-3- ... #p33037617

There were a couple of other posts confirming newer boards, but one referenced links to the original v1 and another didn't mention which model they ordered from Amazon, so it was a bit confusing in that thread as people were all talking about 3 different models, and then it got derailed with pages of posts troubleshooting build issues.
Sr. Member
Aug 8, 2010
763 posts
579 upvotes
GTA
shortye wrote: I got my Ender 3 V2. Ordered during the 1 kg filament freebie but the filament didn't come with the printer. Also the aluminum plate is all scratched up, bottom frame and the scrapper tool too. I expected brand new condition so a bit disappointed in quality.
It seems like no one has received the free filament yet, Creality told me that it was OOS at they Canada warehouse and hoping for it to be available soon.
No idea what soon means, Kinda bummed as I do not have any other filament apart from that small sample in the box.

Mine did not have any scratches, but it should not impact the print. it's more important that you assemble it and make sure everything works, as I was having some problems with the lead screw/z-axis motor.
Sr. Member
Sep 25, 2007
504 posts
179 upvotes
Spend more time worrying about getting the mechanics working, like aligning extrusions and free moving ganty, etc. Cosmetics scratches won't impact print quality. And I also didn't get the free filament and they wrote back to me with the same form email. Like others, I should have waited for the better Amazon deals, oh well.
I've built mine, added a Rpi4, yellow springs, printed detents for the bed, lead screw stabilizer, couplers / bowden were replaced as well. I also order a bmg/blotouch clone from ali.
I'm in the process of replacing some of the fans as I think they're absolute shite.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2008
153 posts
81 upvotes
My glass bed also had deep scratches and that is not okay. I can live with the frame and the aluminum plate being scratched but the print surface should be perfect. I already wrote to Creality for a replacement bed.

I did have problems with the lead screw, it was not rolling smoothly, I shimed it with some paper against the vertical frame and it is now better. I leveled the bed and it was printing fine for 30 mins, went to bed and woke up to fine spaghetti mess. Will try again tonight.
Sr. Member
Sep 25, 2007
504 posts
179 upvotes
shortye wrote: My glass bed also had deep scratches and that is not okay. I can live with the frame and the aluminum plate being scratched but the print surface should be perfect. I already wrote to Creality for a replacement bed.
No, you're right. Build quality is suspect with a lot of these printers, no doubt.
shortye wrote: I did have problems with the lead screw, it was not rolling smoothly, I shimed it with some paper against the vertical frame and it is now better. I leveled the bed and it was printing fine for 30 mins, went to bed and woke up to fine spaghetti mess. Will try again tonight.
I noticed this as well and printed this out to help straighten the lead screw.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2925230
Jr. Member
Apr 4, 2010
113 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
My 3 pro has been shipped finally. Arriving tomorrow
Newbie
Aug 6, 2019
36 posts
110 upvotes
Hey RFD,

I ordered the Ender 3 v2 Pro during the free filament promotion and I finally picked it up. I self quarantine my items for 2 days unopened and noticed I did not get the roll of free 1kg filament. I did only get one box from UPS but assumed it was all inside of it. Did anyone else find their 1kg roll missing or did it come in a separate box/shipment?

Also is there a better way to contact Creality than their .cn email or FB messenger?

Edit: Nvm, I see that others are in the same boat. Did they give anyone an ETA?

Thanks
Jr. Member
Feb 3, 2010
181 posts
153 upvotes
Charlottetown
I got a response on the .cn email - No response on FB messenger
(it was a few days Wed to Mon but mitigating circumstances of time difference and weekend)

In my case not really an further forward but was at least a response

"Dear customer,
I will urge the staff in the warehouse to ship it out ASAP when it available, had marked your order in the first list.
Sorry for the delay shipping."
Member
Feb 26, 2014
417 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
schmeerskahoven wrote: Hey RFD,

I ordered the Ender 3 v2 Pro during the free filament promotion and I finally picked it up. I self quarantine my items for 2 days unopened and noticed I did not get the roll of free 1kg filament. I did only get one box from UPS but assumed it was all inside of it. Did anyone else find their 1kg roll missing or did it come in a separate box/shipment?

Also is there a better way to contact Creality than their .cn email or FB messenger?

Edit: Nvm, I see that others are in the same boat. Did they give anyone an ETA?

Thanks
I sent them an email and they replied a few days later. I think everyone who has the same issue with the missing filament got the same generic response (out of stock in canada, will ship when available). They did not provide an ETA, I ended up buying a black spool from 3D printing Canada to keep me going until Creality ships it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2003
1137 posts
845 upvotes
Markham
cba123 wrote: At least they generated my shipping label.

@bk and @bitbitbit mentioned they are both still waiting for their printer (presumably the Ender 3 Pro) in the MG Chemical PLA hot deal thread, so we are not alone in still waiting.

You not receiving the shipping label yet doesn't sound good because they should have a least generated the label. Was your credit card charged and posted?
They finally replied to me on Facebook Messenger today (messaged last Friday). Didn't check the UPS tracking # the past few days until after they replied, but it says the Ender 3 Pro had finally shipped on Monday night, from Richmond, BC.

Expected to take a week, delivery for Monday, 26th.



Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2006
160 posts
128 upvotes
simplyton wrote: I got a response on the .cn email - No response on FB messenger
(it was a few days Wed to Mon but mitigating circumstances of time difference and weekend)

In my case not really an further forward but was at least a response

"Dear customer,
I will urge the staff in the warehouse to ship it out ASAP when it available, had marked your order in the first list.
Sorry for the delay shipping."
Yup, got the same reply. Started dispute process just in case this drags on...
Sr. Member
Sep 25, 2007
504 posts
179 upvotes
Dear customer,
I will urge the staff in the warehouse to ship it out ASAP when it available, had marked your order in the first list.
Sorry for the delay shipping.
Got the following when asking about the missing filament.
Member
Feb 26, 2014
417 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone get any more info on the missing 1kg of filament?

Top