Expired Hot Deals

[Creality3D] Ender 3 3D printer+Tempered Glass Bed+5 Nozzles - $144 USD (after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2021 1:45 am
[OP]
Sep 15, 2020
48 posts
122 upvotes
Halifax

Ender 3 3D printer+Tempered Glass Bed+5 Nozzles - $144 USD (after coupon)

Deal Link:
Price:
$178.32
Savings:
22%off
Retailer:
Creality3D
Was looking around trying to get some idea about hot bad surface until found this deal in Creality's users discussion forum.

Seems like they have decent Ender 3 printer combo deal going on. The Printer itself+ glass bed(original was just a sticker)+ extra 5 nozzles for $149 USD~ CAD$190.67.
Use code CREALITY5NEW to save extra $5 if this is your first purchase at Creality3D store, so final price should be around $180 CAD

Considering that I got my Ender 3 with no add ons for like $200+ already, plus the
glass bed worth like $20+ something? It's a sweet deal which beat most of offers on amazon or ebay I believe.

And thanks to Tommy74 : "Don't forget to apply $5 OFF coupon code at check out which brings down the price to $144 USD. Use code CREALITY5NEW
OP please feel free to update your title/post with coupon option, I just used it and it's working. I think it comes to $178.32 CAD charged through PayPal for this order."

RDF.png
Last edited by ZC3WEI on Dec 10th, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
643 replies
Nov 25, 2018
101 posts
31 upvotes
Seems Amazon has it for $300? Awesome deal
Jan 29, 2013
47 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
So tempted to pick one up, but really not sure what I'd make other than arbitrary items that I really have no use for lol

Anyone have some practical things they've made with their units?
[OP]
Sep 15, 2020
48 posts
122 upvotes
Halifax
I would say, tons. Check this video out
Aug 23, 2010
857 posts
282 upvotes
This does seem like a pretty sweet price. Just bought the 3 Pro around BF from these guys and paid ~$250 (no extras)
[OP]
Sep 15, 2020
48 posts
122 upvotes
Halifax
You should. evantually you get same thing anyway. And a glass bed is a decent upgrade. Sticker is just useless. You would need those extra nozzles too.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3965 posts
2956 upvotes
GTA
Upvoted good deal. Just placed my order, I didn't think about 3d printer on Wednesday and apparently I own one at 3 AM on Thursday. I hate this forum! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Don't forget to apply $5 OFF coupon code at check out which brings down the price to $144 USD. Use code CREALITY5NEW

OP please feel free to update your title/post with coupon option, I just used it and it's working. I think it comes to $178.32 CAD charged through PayPal for this order.
Feb 14, 2006
617 posts
590 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
To be fair this is V1 printer from years ago. It is quite noisy(pololu 4988 stepper drivers iirc), it is more flexible than V2 (no belt tensioners), it has no touch screen (meh). To each their own, $190 cdn is a great deal and it'll perform decent but I would expect to at minimum upgrade the main board on this to a TMC driven model unless you can run this for hours out of ear. It sounds like 3 dot matrix printers going for 2-10hr+ a time, not bedroom/small apartment friendly.

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/coll ... ro-ender-5

That. You also want that for this printer. The metal extruder is almost needed after 2 months.
Sep 18, 2020
95 posts
130 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: To be fair this is V1 printer from years ago. It is quite noisy(pololu 4988 stepper drivers iirc), it is more flexible than V2 (no belt tensioners), it has no touch screen (meh). To each their own, $190 cdn is a great deal and it'll perform decent but I would expect to at minimum upgrade the main board on this to a TMC driven model unless you can run this for hours out of ear. It sounds like 3 dot matrix printers going for 2-10hr+ a time, not bedroom/small apartment friendly.

That. You also want that for this printer. The metal extruder is almost needed after 2 months.
I'll ask for many of the beginners out there who never thought about 3D printing before.

Is it difficult to install those upgraded parts? What exactly is main board with TMC driven model? Does the upgraded parts bundle come with a TMC driven model? Also, for the same price, would the Ender 3 Pro be at $209 USD be better than the Ender 3 + Upgraded parts bundle at $206 USD?
Last edited by JustinK29893 on Dec 10th, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
are these hard to setup my daughter would love one but not if Its going to be a pain to maintain and setup?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
Where can I buy The fleible filment for this I just ordered one for my daughter? shes very creative and Artsy
Feb 14, 2006
617 posts
590 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
JustinK29893 wrote: I'll ask for many of the beginners out there who never thought about 3D printing before.

Is it difficult to install those upgraded parts? What exactly is main board with TMC driven model? Does the upgraded parts bundle come with a TMC driven model? Also, for the same price, would the Ender 3 Pro be at $209 USD be better than the Ender 3 + Upgraded parts bundle at $206 USD?

Very easy to replace/install those pieces, few Phillips screws and cable plugs. Creality label each wire so easy to know where to put and it's all open source so you have great documentation to install/upgrade anything. The board I shown has the 'silent' TMC drivers built in and fits perfect in place of the old one (which is now the base for your 2nd 3d printer due to continual upgrades you'll make).

You can also wait and see if you find it noisy then go with a different replacement board (mks gen or similar) and modular pinned TMC drivers that are easily replaced. Problem is you need to make the firmware... Lot of screwing around. Then you just 3D print the needed parts to install it in the case to fit without covering up the usb or sd slot.. You'll need to decide if you want more upgrades. Bed level sensor is nice, LED lighting is cool, direct drive helps if you are printing things like tpu or want no retraction. You'll notice the creality board lacks a bunch of IO compared to 3rd party... The extruder these printers ship with is abs. It'll sand away. At minimum you'll need a metal extruder. They are $15 or so on Amazon.
May 10, 2017
316 posts
192 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: To be fair this is V1 printer from years ago. It is quite noisy(pololu 4988 stepper drivers iirc), it is more flexible than V2 (no belt tensioners), it has no touch screen (meh). To each their own, $190 cdn is a great deal and it'll perform decent but I would expect to at minimum upgrade the main board on this to a TMC driven model unless you can run this for hours out of ear. It sounds like 3 dot matrix printers going for 2-10hr+ a time, not bedroom/small apartment friendly.

Not a good deal then?
I haven't purchased my first 3D printer yet.
Donate to your local food bank today!
Feb 14, 2006
617 posts
590 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
DirtPoor wrote:
Not a good deal then?
I haven't purchased my first 3D printer yet.
Depends what you want. Creality is a tinkerer printer. It'll work fine out of the box. With $100 upgrades and some tinkering it'll perform as good as a $1200 prusa. If you don't like electronics and coding, get a prusa.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
Does this come with any Filiment?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
web site says New Customers save $15 not sure how I just used the $5 code easier for me
Sep 18, 2020
95 posts
130 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote: web site says New Customers save $15 not sure how I just used the $5 code easier for me
That's on $600+ orders