Fitness and Nutrition

Creatine Monohydrate Powder - must it be dissolved in liquid?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 12:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1537 posts
74 upvotes

Creatine Monohydrate Powder - must it be dissolved in liquid?

I bought these from Myprotein.

Do they need to be dissolved in a liquid (I usually take mine with my protein shake) or can I pack them in capsules? Would one method of delivery be more effective/efficient than the other?
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
7 replies
Feb 13, 2017
111 posts
23 upvotes
Better digestion when it is dissolved, that is why i buy micronized mono
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6120 posts
1985 upvotes
Thornhill
NLI10D wrote: I bought these from Myprotein.

Do they need to be dissolved in a liquid (I usually take mine with my protein shake) or can I pack them in capsules? Would one method of delivery be more effective/efficient than the other?
It will dissolve in your stomach, plus I don't believe it's that easy to do in a cup or shake. At least I never had a success. I do steer mine a bit. The rest is bro science as there is no scientific proof one way works better than other.I've seen reports of some people having a bit of bloating when they don't try to dissolve it.
I think that's the whole reasons some choose to buy more expensive options, not because they are better(creatine is creatine and $10 1kg is just as goog as $20/100gr creatine),but because those who are affected by having an upset stomach, had less of those side effects with more soluble versions of the creatine.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6399 posts
1210 upvotes
I used to just dump the scoop on my tongue and chase it with a gulp of water.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1537 posts
74 upvotes
thanks everyone for the comments. thinking about it now, they're not really that "dissolved" in my protein shake. the tumbler is gritty at the end. I just wanted to pack them in pills since its more convenient to be carrying them around.

I guess i have to try pill form to see if I will get upset stomach.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Feb 13, 2017
111 posts
23 upvotes
NLI10D wrote: thanks everyone for the comments. thinking about it now, they're not really that "dissolved" in my protein shake. the tumbler is gritty at the end. I just wanted to pack them in pills since its more convenient to be carrying them around.

I get diarrhea with regular mono even when drinking a gallon water a day if i take more than 2.5g at a time, but at the moment since getting Allmax micronized mono i didn't have diarrhea even with 5g at a time
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6120 posts
1985 upvotes
Thornhill
NLI10D wrote: thanks everyone for the comments. thinking about it now, they're not really that "dissolved" in my protein shake. the tumbler is gritty at the end. I just wanted to pack them in pills since its more convenient to be carrying them around.

Why do you want to carry creatine with you??
It's not a preworkout, you can take that scoop ( or 5-10 pills,depending on their 0,00,000 size) at any time and it will work the same.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1537 posts
74 upvotes
dazz wrote: Why do you want to carry creatine with you??
It's not a preworkout, you can take that scoop ( or 5-10 pills,depending on their 0,00,000 size) at any time and it will work the same.
I often times forget to put my daily scope serving. When i did have the pilled version it was really convenient to have a couple stashed in my gym bag/truck/office drawer so I always have some handy.