Credit Cards

Credit card Advance

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 7:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 7, 2019
368 posts
373 upvotes

Credit card Advance

Hi everyone,

I've been loitering around these forums for a while but have never happened onto this question.

Is it possible to cash advance on your credit card and still collect the points? Something like using Plastiq or PayTM to pay a "fake bill", get charged the service fee, but instead of a payment to someone, the money is deposited into your bank account.
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
10 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15531 posts
14044 upvotes
Going to the Moon
OMG can I has manufactured spend? Prepare for a thread downvote roll.

The answers are sprinkled in the threads, but we're not openly discussing the methods in dedicated threads to the topic.

The short answer is yes :twisted: the long answer is will take you time to become a Jedi, young Padawan :lol: and the methodology will not be given to you on a silver platter.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4373 upvotes
BC
To be honest, if you've been reading the forums for a while and haven't picked up on anything yet, I doubt becoming a Jedi is in the cards.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15531 posts
14044 upvotes
Going to the Moon
rhw123 wrote: To be honest, if you've been reading the forums for a while and haven't picked up on anything yet, I doubt becoming a Jedi is in the cards.
OP was probably in the wrong threads...OP's emergency fund is a PLOC, meaning gaming BT's isn't even on the table yet.

Much to learn, young Pawadan :lol:
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4373 upvotes
BC
titaniumtux wrote: OP was probably in the wrong threads...OP's emergency fund is a PLOC, meaning gaming BT's isn't even on the table yet.

Much to learn, young Pawadan :lol:
I guess I have much to learn still as well because the BT game hasn't inspired me so far as something worth doing Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15531 posts
14044 upvotes
Going to the Moon
rhw123 wrote: I guess I have much to learn still as well because the BT game hasn't inspired me so far as something worth doing Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
We're all learning. But @rhw123 you're a master Jedi so you pick and choose which methods work for you.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 16, 2014
526 posts
445 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: We're all learning. But @rhw123 you're a master Jedi so you pick and choose which methods work for you.
That's for sure. So much info and learning to go from jack of all trades to "Master" elite status.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 7, 2019
368 posts
373 upvotes
Oh God...i got down voted hard haha.

Just to clarify, I'm curious if it exists. I don't need to do it myself. Already hit my welcome bonus on my Amex.

I've always wondered why something like this doesn't (or does it) exist. Is it illegal? Or just no one has done it yet?
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15531 posts
14044 upvotes
Going to the Moon
BrokeMillennial wrote: Oh God...i got down voted hard haha.

Just to clarify, I'm curious if it exists. I don't need to do it myself. Already hit my welcome bonus on my Amex.

I've always wondered why something like this doesn't (or does it) exist. Is it illegal? Or just no one has done it yet?
  1. yes it exists
  2. sure, you're not asking for yourself :lol: anyway doesn't matter
  3. only nine (9) downvotes at the time of writing...I was expecting at least double that
  4. Yes, it exists. Manufactured spend is alive and well
  5. Not illegal. It could be a violation of Terms and Conditions. It's up to the issuers to decide how much "abuse" they're willing to take within their risk tolerance thresholds
  6. Since I expressed that it's alive and well, needless to say, it's been done by many people

The methods sometimes come and go. In order to not have them quickly vanish, we don't like to give them out freely on publicly viewable threads here. It's kind of like a secret society...when you sense that someone else is at your level, you can share some experiences while still camouflaging the methods from the n00bs.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Top