• Feb 19th, 2020 9:34 am
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213943 upvotes
Montreal

Credit Card Category Database?

Hi there,

Curious, is there a database where you can find the categories of merchant out there? Like to maximize cash back (especially if you have Tangerine)? It is like trial and error kinda thing when you do it yourself as you buy, but it would be nice to have some form of database where you can search.

If there isn't one, maybe we can start one? At least, not the obvious ones (like chain restaurants and stuff)?

Ju Leon...
2 replies
Sep 5, 2017
503 posts
262 upvotes
This would be neat if it existed... To ask at a store most would probably look at you like you've got 6 heads. I've been just doing trial and error with non obvious things

... fun fact, skip the dishes comes up as merchandize on some cards ? ... 🤷Thinking Face
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Curious, is there a database where you can find the categories of merchant out there? Like to maximize cash back (especially if you have Tangerine)? It is like trial and error kinda thing when you do it yourself as you buy, but it would be nice to have some form of database where you can search.

If there isn't one, maybe we can start one? At least, not the obvious ones (like chain restaurants and stuff)?

Ju Leon...
Not that I know of, with tangerine just check what category a specific merchant fell under.

But I do have to ask, what does " Ju Leon... " at the end of all your posts mean?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)