Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
81 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC

Credit Card Rewards Redemption

Walmart seems to have the best at 500 dollars one can redeem rewards.

I'm looking for a new credit card and I want it to have a fast redemption like below 2000 dollars.

I've stayed away from travel reward cards because usually it takes a long time to redeem if you don't travel every month or so. I don't travel every month.

I'm also staying away from the credit statement cards that make you redeem only once a year. I.e. AMEX simply cash card.

I'd like it to have about 1% cash back or higher.

I have the amazon visa which redeems after 2000 dollars spent and that is good but I wanted to see if anyone knew of a better one.

My other cards redeem after:

Vancity Visa = 5000 dollars
RBC Cash Back MasterCard = 2500 dollars
Walmart MC = 500 dollars
AMEX Simply Cash = redeems yearly, no amount will trigger a redemption.

I've stayed away from the new BMO cards because there like the AMEX they redeem yearly.

I hope the Tangerine card has a redemption of 500 dollars like the Walmart card because other than that feature the Walmart card isn't very good.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
MBNA world elite Mastercard 2% cashback. Redeem whenever you send 2500$. Easy easy
Dec 26, 2011
709 posts
298 upvotes
Not sure how it works in practice but Capital One Aspire Cash Platinum MC (1% back) -
[QUOTE]
Redeem for cash whenever – and however – you want!

Cash or statement credit? You choose how you want your cash, plus:

Your cash rewards never expire!
There’s no limit to the amount of cash you can earn
You can redeem as much or as little as you want – there are no restrictions
Redeem as often as you like

[/QUOTE]
Oct 16, 2014
222 posts
145 upvotes
Moncton, NB
CapOne Aspire Cash works exactly as advertised. Cashback is calculated on every statement, then you can redeem it anytime (online or by phone), either through a statement credit or a cheque mailed to you. Also, there is no limit on how much cashback you can earn.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)