• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2020 2:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA

Which credit card to use? Td first class or ciba aeroplan

Booking a vacation with my family. Received 2 new cards last week.
Td first class infinite
And
Cibc aeroplan infinite

Never had a travel card before. Always used my td cashback.

Which one would you use? I believe both have medical and trip cancellation included. Which is nice.

Other thing is i cant book using td.expedia.com for 9x points as i must use sunwing as i have a voucher to use.

Thanks all
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
speeeeee wrote: Booking a vacation with my family. Received 2 new cards last week.
Td first class infinite
And
Cibc aeroplan infinite

Never had a travel card before. Always used my td cashback.

Which one would you use? I believe both have medical and trip cancellation included. Which is nice.

Other thing is i cant book using td.expedia.com for 9x points as i must use sunwing as i have a voucher to use.

Thanks all
You should look at the wording on both.

You say that you can’t use Expedia for TD because you have a voucher? What does the voucher cover? What are you actually booking and paying for?

Most cards have some type of payment stipulation saying something like the entire cost must be on the card.

I recently took a look at TD First Class Infinite as I have this card and noticed that they are very specific that they will not reimburse you for any points used to book your trip (with the exception of your TD points of course).
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a CIBC Aeroplan Infinite card. I use it for many things including vacation and even a down payment on a car :)
I get Aeroplan points (miles) for every dollar I spend on the card.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
Have a voucher with sunwing . I have to book through sunwing.ca to be able to use it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
What kind of voucher?

I had Sunwing voucher before. A $50 voucher toward future vacation, for buying premium seat. I was able to book the new AI vacation package on TD 1st class visa (and get the 9 points, or 4.5% back), then contact Sunwing to apply the voucher.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
Arrgh wrote: What kind of voucher?

I had Sunwing voucher before. A $50 voucher toward future vacation, for buying premium seat. I was able to book the new AI vacation package on TD 1st class visa (and get the 9 points, or 4.5% back), then contact Sunwing to apply the voucher.
250$ sunwing voucher. Great ill do the same!

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)