Credit Cards

Which credit cards allow you to change the Billing Address for supplementary cards?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2023 7:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2016
1037 posts
601 upvotes

Which credit cards allow you to change the Billing Address for supplementary cards?

I tried with AMEX and the main billing address sticks on all supplementary cards.

I would like to put a different billing address on one supplementary card.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16810 posts
7488 upvotes
Toronto
emilio911 wrote: I tried with AMEX and the main billing address sticks on all supplementary cards.

I would like to put a different billing address on one supplementary card.
The primary card holder is responsible for all the charges and activity on the supplementary cards.

The bill always needs to be sent to the active address of the primary card holder.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 9, 2011
15849 posts
21614 upvotes
Vancouver
Supplementary cardholders don't pay the bill, so there is no billing address to associate with them. Only the primary cardholder has a billing address.
Is one of your supplementary cardholders trying to buy something online, where the credit card billing and shipping addresses need to match?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2016
1037 posts
601 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: The primary card holder is responsible for all the charges and activity on the supplementary cards.

The bill always needs to be sent to the active address of the primary card holder.
Yeah, but I'm not talking about the billing address per se. I'm taking about the "billing" address. The address that gets checked when you purchase something online.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2016
1037 posts
601 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Is one of your supplementary cardholders trying to buy something online, where the credit card billing and shipping addresses need to match?
Yes, that's exactly the issue.
Sr. Member
Mar 25, 2015
856 posts
779 upvotes
I use supplementary cards on Amex with different Billing address from main cardholder (it asks for it during request of supplementary card). Support desk can update it if necessary.

Top