Credit Cards

Credit cards for small business (and churning)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 11:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5590 posts
497 upvotes
Markham

Credit cards for small business (and churning)

Hi all,

Recently incorporated a corporation, and trying to get things set up re bank and credit card accounts.

Looking for some insight as to what RFDers have been doing about corporate/small business cards..

Gonna believe that the basic starting point are the Business Amex cards....SPG, Gold, Platinum...first of all what are people using as their day to day business card, and secondly, are you guys churning on this side as well?

Also, what are recommendations for situations where Amex isn't accepted? Dont mind annual fees as long as get good sign up bonuses, and get a pretty decent return.
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7558 posts
380 upvotes
Canada
I got referred by a member here for an Amex Business Platinum, so will be getting 75K points after $5K spending in 90 days, $399 annual fee, but I am likely traveling about twice per year for business (and bringing the family), so the lounge passes and other perks help out. Future plan is to self-refer for a business gold card (link it for 2x reward points with Plastiq), accumulate those bonus points and then cancel the gold.

I do my banking with RBC and they offered me a Business Visa Avion - 35,000 points and first year fee waived (usually 20K bonus with $120 annual fee).

My hope is Amex, Visa and debit card (which I will hopefully never use) will carry me through all my business expenses.
He died for me, I live for him