Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
43311 posts
9226 upvotes
Markham

Credit limit not showing for RBC Bank CC

I am talking about RBC Bank US, not RBC Canada.

My credit limit of my RBC Bank CC is shown as "Not available" on online banking. I msg RBC bank and they told me it is an IT problem and say they will fix it ASAP. Well it's been like a month and it's still not fixed. Is anyone seeing the same thing?

Images
  • Screenshot_1.png
9 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
1631 posts
2058 upvotes
Mine shows up fine and always has as far as I know. Must be an isolated thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1491 posts
2392 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Just checked mine, haven't used it for like 8 months but its showing an available credit amount.
Apr 23, 2017
998 posts
1729 upvotes
A friend who has this card didn't use it for over a year and got a similar no available credit message when viewing the account online. They called in and were told that the account had been deactivated due to non-use. Some U.S. banks will close the card account after no charges going through for 1 or 2 years (though I've never seen that with Canadian banks). They requested the card be 'reactivated' and the CSR ended up sending them a new card with a different account number and the same credit limit as the old card since the CSR said they couldn't reactivate it once it went dormant. So now the friend says their RBC U.S. accounts dashboard shows both the USA Visa cards - one with no available credit, and the newer one with a $5k available credit. The old one has been on the dashboard for the past several months (11 months last I heard) and it doesn't appear to be going away. Not sure if this is the same issue for you, or just an IT glitch on the bank's part.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
43311 posts
9226 upvotes
Markham
HermanH wrote: A friend who has this card didn't use it for over a year and got a similar no available credit message when viewing the account online. They called in and were told that the account had been deactivated due to non-use. Some U.S. banks will close the card account after no charges going through for 1 or 2 years (though I've never seen that with Canadian banks). They requested the card be 'reactivated' and the CSR ended up sending them a new card with a different account number and the same credit limit as the old card since the CSR said they couldn't reactivate it once it went dormant. So now the friend says their RBC U.S. accounts dashboard shows both the USA Visa cards - one with no available credit, and the newer one with a $5k available credit. The old one has been on the dashboard for the past several months (11 months last I heard) and it doesn't appear to be going away. Not sure if this is the same issue for you, or just an IT glitch on the bank's part.
Thanks for that, it actually happened before, so I got them to reactivate it, send me a new card and everything is working. But now yes it has gone back to that. Looks like I will need to make another call to them tmr...argh.

But to clarify what you said above, Canadian banks for sure will close cards with no activity. I have HSBC and RBC close their cards on me before...so now I make sure I use them once every 4 months to prevent anything bad from happening again.
Dec 13, 2014
105 posts
54 upvotes
Niagara Region
In my case such a "Unavailable Available Credit" shows intermittently from time to time.

Returns to normal some time later. I cannot say when exactly, as I usually log in maybe once a week only.

[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
43311 posts
9226 upvotes
Markham
uuuu7777 wrote: In my case such a "Unavailable Available Credit" shows intermittently from time to time.

Returns to normal some time later. I cannot say when exactly, as I usually log in maybe once a week only.
Good to see that it's not only me, but since RBC is able to confirm the credit limit and I am able to use the card, guess no point complaining more for now.