Shopping Discussion

Credit In My Rogers TV Account - Anything I Can Do With It?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 1:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18266 posts
5627 upvotes
Toronto

Credit In My Rogers TV Account - Anything I Can Do With It?

So through a credit from Rogers, I have a large balance sitting in my Rogers television account.
The only service I have is TV ...

What can I do with this credit? Looking for a quick way to spend this.
RedFlagDeals Addict
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6901 posts
956 upvotes
Ottawa
DaVibe wrote: So through a credit from Rogers, I have a large balance sitting in my Rogers television account.

Pay per view?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9262 posts
10798 upvotes
Vancouver
DaVibe wrote: So through a credit from Rogers, I have a large balance sitting in my Rogers television account.

Cancel your automated monthly payment and use the credit balance to pay the bill. Reinstate the payment after you've used it up.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18266 posts
5627 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote: Cancel your automated monthly payment and use the credit balance to pay the bill. Reinstate the payment after you've used it up.
Unfortunately, it won't be that easy. This stems from a complaint back to when I had internet with Rogers. They gave me a large credit but I cancelled the service. The only thing I have with them now is my cable television which I don't actually pay for, as it's through my condo.

Short of signing up again for high speed internet, I'm trying to see if there's any hacks I'm missing lol
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Pay per view?
I'm gonna look but not sure there's anything we watch.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4189 posts
3468 upvotes
Toronto
Did you ask them for a cheque? When I cancelled Fido, there was a problem. Long story short, I had a $70 credit in my account after I cancelled with them. I had to contact them and specifically ask for a cheque a couple of months later, as they don't automatically pay out credit balances, even if you no longer have no service with them.
Nov 4, 2011
612 posts
365 upvotes
YYZ
If you wait long enough, they'll cut you a cheque automatically. I was given a $50 bill credit for an issue I had which sat on my account for a year plus (since my monthly plan was $0). After cancelling, eventually a cheque showed up for the $35 I had left (I used about $15 over the year). But like others have said, you can contact them and they should issue a cheque to you.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3743 posts
1432 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Unfortunately, it won't be that easy. This stems from a complaint back to when I had internet with Rogers. They gave me a large credit but I cancelled the service. The only thing I have with them now is my cable television which I don't actually pay for, as it's through my condo.

Short of signing up again for high speed internet, I'm trying to see if there's any hacks I'm missing lol

I'm gonna look but not sure there's anything we watch.
UFC?