None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1135 posts
331 upvotes
MARKHAM

Criminal Defense Lawyers in GTA?

Anyone have a good recommendation for a criminal defense lawyer in the Toronto area?
A friend of mine is in need and is charged with multiple traffic / motorcycle charges.
Hoping some of the guys here on RFD would/could refer a good one!

Thanks!
11 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4308 upvotes
Redline legal services

Highly rated on GTAMotorcycle forums
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
5672 posts
597 upvotes
Better call Saul

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Sorry, couldn't resist posting this link - everytime I think about lawyers, Saul pops in my head unbidden. I hope there is a Breaking Bad spinoff about him.

About you question: I have never dealt with a criminal lawyer, but if they are anything like other lawyers I have dealt with, I suggest your friend discuss the case with a few lawyers before choosing one, and don't be shy about discussing fees upfront - see if you can get a quote for a fixed rate to do the job rather than a "per hour" fee.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1135 posts
331 upvotes
MARKHAM
Thanks for the leads guys, going to forward him a few more to pick from.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2733 posts
134 upvotes
Peterborough
So did your buddy do something especially clever?
Feb 19, 2012
507 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
CheapScotch wrote: Better call Saul

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Sorry, couldn't resist posting this link - everytime I think about lawyers, Saul pops in my head unbidden. I hope there is a Breaking Bad spinoff about him.

About you question: I have never dealt with a criminal lawyer, but if they are anything like other lawyers I have dealt with, I suggest your friend discuss the case with a few lawyers before choosing one, and don't be shy about discussing fees upfront - see if you can get a quote for a fixed rate to do the job rather than a "per hour" fee.

+1 Better call Saul
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2733 posts
134 upvotes
Peterborough
<voyeur>C'mon OP. Cough up. What did he do?</voyeur>
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12162 posts
3469 upvotes
GTA
purebluejapan wrote: Anyone have a good recommendation for a criminal defense lawyer in the Toronto area?
A friend of mine is in need and is charged with multiple traffic / motorcycle charges.
Hoping some of the guys here on RFD would/could refer a good one!

Thanks!
A friend, eh?