• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:44 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 26, 2015
567 posts
285 upvotes

Critique my Singapore/Bali trip

Looking to travel to Singapore/Bali in July with the itinerary below in mind. Looking for any feedback and to have the itinerary critiqued.

We can also add in ~2 more days to the trip, if we were to, which places should we add more time to?

For one of the stops we would like something beachy. Debating between Nusa Penida/Nusa Lembongan and the Gili Islands.

Thanks

Itinerary
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1381 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently on my trip until May 20th. I went to Japan, Singapore and now in Bali. (Nusa Dua)

Not sure how good Ubud is.

I would recommend blue bird taxi as it is under government control. The private ones or owned by mafia will over charge you.
Feb 14, 2008
99 posts
79 upvotes
Calgary
I was in Ubud for 10 days recently and didn't think that was too long. But it depends on what kind of traveller you are - we like to see everything in a place instead of just the highlights, and get a feel for the local culture and people. The people in Bali are really amazing.

We used this guy for our airport pickup and some tours, a bit more expensive than you can get from some other places but still very cheap by North American standards and well, well worth it. You will get to go to some out of the way places where there are far less tourists (of course you will get to see the popular famous sites as well).

https://maderealbalitours.blogspot.com/ ... tours.html
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2299 posts
338 upvotes
North York
Bali is a sizeable island and it is a common mistake to stay in just one spot. I would recommend at least couple of days in Kuta/Seminyak area, and then perhaps another 2-3 days in some sort of resort/remote area. If you're after beach then Nusa Dua is pretty good. Ubud I believe is mostly forests/wooded area.