Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

CronusMAX - New Version 10% off (Luke Warm) - Use 360 controller on XB1

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2015 4:25 pm
Jun 29, 2009
364 posts
84 upvotes
Surrey

CronusMAX - New Version 10% off (Luke Warm) - Use 360 controller on XB1

Deal Link:
Price:
$54
Savings:
10%
Expiry:
November 30, 2014
Was Googling how to use my 360 controllers on my new XB1 and came across this little device. Reviews are great, the price may not be hot but the potential savings from not having to buy anymore controllers could be considered HOT ;)

Anyways, just thought I'd share, haven't pulled the trigger yet myself but I am debating since I have 4 XB360 controllers and I don't want to buy anymore XB1 controllers.

Discount code is GIVEME10
29 replies
Jan 29, 2005
799 posts
190 upvotes
Winnipeg
$60 (less 10%) for this item but a regular price XB1 controller is only $60 (can be found on sale for $45)
I realize that the CronusMax has lots of other features besides being able to use your older controllers on the newer platform.
If all you are looking for is a way to use your old controller with the new system, why not just get another XB1 controller when it's on sale at your local store?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
cold deal ... brrrr... xbox 1 controller can be found for cheaper went on sale (and holiday coming so many sale will show up for xbox 1 controller) oh also price it in USA fund + shipping fee now it a iceberg deal

if need one regular price i go with:
costco regular price 59.90$ (no need to wait shipping and if issue more easy to settle then with some unknow online store and costco offer hassle free return!)
http://www.costco.ca/Xbox-One-Wireless- ... 82612.html
Where There is Fear There Is No Deal
Jun 29, 2009
364 posts
84 upvotes
Surrey
nacho113 wrote: $60 (less 10%) for this item but a regular price XB1 controller is only $60 (can be found on sale for $45)
I realize that the CronusMax has lots of other features besides being able to use your older controllers on the newer platform.
If all you are looking for is a way to use your old controller with the new system, why not just get another XB1 controller when it's on sale at your local store?
I have 4 Xbox 360 controllers and would prefer not to buy another 3 XB1 controllers to replace them.
Dec 31, 2012
126 posts
72 upvotes
I got the Xbox one controller WITH plug n play kit for $37.50, regular $74.99 from target during all their crazy clearance stuff a few months back.
Jun 29, 2009
364 posts
84 upvotes
Surrey
FearLess wrote: cold deal ... brrrr... xbox 1 controller can be found for cheaper went on sale (and holiday coming so many sale will show up for xbox 1 controller) oh also price it in USA fund + shipping fee now it a iceberg deal

if need one regular price i go with:
costco regular price 59.90$ (no need to wait shipping and if issue more easy to settle then with some unknow online store and costco offer hassle free return!)
http://www.costco.ca/Xbox-One-Wireless- ... 82612.html
Lets see... 59.90 x 3 = $179.70 BEFORE TAX. (I'm wanting to use 4 controllers for multiplayer)

Whereas you buy this device and you can program all your old controllers to work with XB1. Also, if you have a PS3 controller, you can even program it to work with XB1 or vice-versa (A 360 controller on PS4).

I'd rather pay $54 and have 4 controllers than pay $60 for ONE XB1 controller but that's just me.
Oct 9, 2014
375 posts
529 upvotes
YEG, YXE, YYZ
mattuzzi82 wrote: Cool. Thanks.
I believe CronusMax are the original and ConsoleTuner copied CronusMax like a clone. For example: The countless different NDS flashcarts.
I would go with CronusMax cause they are affiliated with team xecuter I believe.
Going to both websites achieves this weird comparison which makes me not trust ConsoleTuner.
http://controllermax.com/products/cronu ... -titanone/
http://www.consoletuner.com/products/ti ... cronusmax/
Jun 29, 2009
364 posts
84 upvotes
Surrey
IntramuralDavid wrote: I believe CronusMax are the original and ConsoleTuner copied CronusMax like a clone. For example: The countless different NDS flashcarts.
I would go with CronusMax cause they are affiliated with team xecuter I believe.
Going to both websites achieves this weird comparison which makes me not trust ConsoleTuner.
http://controllermax.com/products/cronu ... -titanone/
http://www.consoletuner.com/products/ti ... cronusmax/
I think you're right. All the reviews I read were for CronusMax so I would trust them more. Like I said, I just stumbled on it doing a quick Google because I bought an XB1 recently but I'd like to be able to use my XB360 controllers for 4 person multiplayer. Pretty lame they're not backwards compatible to begin with but I guess we shouldn't be surprised. All about the $$$$ for these big companies like Microsoft and Sony.
Nov 24, 2013
38 posts
11 upvotes
mattuzzi82 wrote: Lets see... 59.90 x 3 = $179.70 BEFORE TAX. (I'm wanting to use 4 controllers for multiplayer)

Whereas you buy this device and you can program all your old controllers to work with XB1. Also, if you have a PS3 controller, you can even program it to work with XB1 or vice-versa (A 360 controller on PS4).

I'd rather pay $54 and have 4 controllers than pay $60 for ONE XB1 controller but that's just me.
Can't exactly do that. " Important Note: Only one controller at a time can be used with a CronusMAX (Multiple controllers can be connected to the console as normal of course, but only one per CronusMAX USB dongle. For example: 1 CronusMAX Wireless Controller and 3 Standard Wireless Controllers can be connected to the console at the same time."
Feb 26, 2009
38 posts
13 upvotes
[QUOTE]Both the Titan One and the CronusMAX were created and developed by Jefferson Koppe. The CronusMAX was originally born as the GamepadProxy (GPP) – back in 2011 – and in December of 2013, with the new XBox One compatibility feature, it started to be sold as the CronusMAX. A simple licensing agreement – without any rights transfer – between Jefferson and Paul Owen (from Team Xecuter) took place on December 12, 2013 and over the next couple months Jefferson had performed all the development work on the CronusMAX as part of their agreement. In February 18 of 2014, due to a disagreement between Jefferson and Paul (AKA MaxADMIN), Jefferson decided to leave the CronusMAX and work on his own company, ConsoleTuner. He took this opportunity to revamp the internal design of the future Titan One to accept new features not previously possible on the old design, and also to try protect all new upcoming features exclusive to the Titan One.[/QUOTE]
http://www.consoletuner.com/products/ti ... ch-to-buy/

my buddy has a titan one and loves it, that would be my choice as well as per above but to each their own
Jan 29, 2005
799 posts
190 upvotes
Winnipeg
mattuzzi82 wrote: I have 4 Xbox 360 controllers and would prefer not to buy another 3 XB1 controllers to replace them.
Problem is that you will need one CronusMax for each controller you want to use and you need an XB1 controller to clone it's ID (but you can't use the XB1 controller at the same time as the CronusMax with the cloned ID because the XBox One console will only allow one instance of the ID to be used at the same time.
This is from the CronusMax info pages:
The Xbox One controller you used on authentication can not be used as a second controller. The reason for this is because the CronusMAX device borrows the signature/ID# from the controller for itself, and the Xbox One doesn't allow two devices with identical IDs to operate at the same time.
Jun 29, 2009
364 posts
84 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks to the two posters above for clearing up how the device functions. I was out with the kids and did not have a chance to research it further on my own. Sounds like it won't be suitable for what I originally thought it could do. Looks like I'm stuck with just the single XB1 controller for the time being. Someone should make a device that allows you to connect all your previous gen controllers to your new gen console! ;)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn't even aware something like that existed. Have never been able to enjoy any FPS games on consoles because of how *extremely* clumsy the controls are with a standard controller.

But I'll be buying the Titan One eventually. Thanks for bringing this to light, OP.
Nov 24, 2013
38 posts
11 upvotes
StratMangler wrote: Wasn't even aware something like that existed. Have never been able to enjoy any FPS games on consoles because of how *extremely* clumsy the controls are with a standard controller.

But I'll be buying the Titan One eventually. Thanks for bringing this to light, OP.
Sounds like you want to play mouse and keyboard. I heard the xim 4 is better for that. I can't find much info on how well the Cronus or titan one works with m and k. I'm on the fence on which to buy. However, I heard you don't need to connect to the PC with xim 4 and can use your phone.
Mar 18, 2011
12 posts
mattuzzi82 wrote: I think you're right. All the reviews I read were for CronusMax so I would trust them more. Like I said, I just stumbled on it doing a quick Google because I bought an XB1 recently but I'd like to be able to use my XB360 controllers for 4 person multiplayer. Pretty lame they're not backwards compatible to begin with but I guess we shouldn't be surprised. All about the $$$$ for these big companies like Microsoft and Sony.
Sorry guys but this is completely missinformed.

Yes, the ChronusMax is the original and will have 99% of the reviews. But, Jefferson Koppe, the developer behind the TitanOne was an original cofounder of the ChronusMax, he's the brains behind the software and firmware.

Needless to say the founders had a falling out and Jeff moved on and decided to start releasing his own version. They both work exactly the same, except, moving forward, you will not be getting any software or firmware updates for ChronusMax. For a little while the new software releases would work and then Jeff locked them out. From there, the ChronusMax was releasing hacked versions that would work and, I believe, Jeff has now found a way to completely lock them out from using his software/firmware updates.

That was the gist of it as of a couple months ago when I came super duper close to buying a ChronusMax to go with my new Scuf One. Perhaps they have solved their software/firmware issue with bringing on a new developer as of late, I have no idea.

I ended up getting the TitanOne based on the information that I had on hand (same device, CM wasn't going to be getting any more updates and had been releasing hacked versions as bandaid).

Anyways, I have no complaints with my TitanOne, works exactly as expected. Assuming ChronusMax has/is solved/solving their future software/firmware updates, I'm sure it's probably just as good. But just be aware, I would look into it, what kind of support you can expect moving forward with the software/firmware for the ChronusMax. We are so early in this generation that there's lots of new features to unlock (wireless I hope is coming!!) that getting updates is going to be a big deal.

Just my 2 cents.
Apr 8, 2005
916 posts
633 upvotes
deflime wrote: Anyways, I have no complaints with my TitanOne, works exactly as expected.
Have you tried the mouse and keyboard functionality much? Curious whether it works with all sorts of xbox games after appropriate calibration. I have no interest in pwning people in online Call of Duty etc, but from time to time a game comes along with a tricky challenge that would be a lot easier to get past with a mouse (like the Cabela hunting series, or pigeons in Darkness II etc.)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Any idea if this will allow me to use xbone controller with pc? I know they released the drivers for it but i want to play it wireless. Using xbox360 controller at the moment.
Mar 18, 2011
12 posts
Mykolas wrote: Have you tried the mouse and keyboard functionality much? Curious whether it works with all sorts of xbox games after appropriate calibration. I have no interest in pwning people in online Call of Duty etc, but from time to time a game comes along with a tricky challenge that would be a lot easier to get past with a mouse (like the Cabela hunting series, or pigeons in Darkness II etc.)
I have not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)