• Mar 28th, 2024 5:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
epinephrine wrote: I got declined because I need to fill a 4506c form for them. I do not have ITIN either. Please advise.
Sorry to hear that.. i do recall that i was asked for this kind of form for my 2nd card but in the end they did approved when i called and explained and got the 3 way calling with my TD bank.
This was 2 years back and i have SSN though if that makes any difference.
Nov 26, 2018
90 posts
32 upvotes
I just opened my Chase account today…what can I do to avoid the monthly fee?I think he said 3 options
1. Direct deposit
2.1500 USD
Can’t remember what the third one was…
Is there any other way apart from those other options thanks.
Feb 10, 2017
247 posts
255 upvotes
Calgary
alberttetteh26 wrote: I just opened my Chase account today…what can I do to avoid the monthly fee?I think he said 3 options
1. Direct deposit
2.1500 USD
Can’t remember what the third one was…
Is there any other way apart from those other options thanks.
It's on the website and probably in your documents.
$12 monthly service fee OR $0 with one of the following each monthly statement period:

Electronic deposits made into this account totaling $500 or more, such as payments from payroll providers or government benefit providers, by using (i) the ACH network, (ii) the Real Time Payment network, or (iii) third party services that facilitate payments to your debit card using the Visa® or Mastercard® network
OR a balance at the beginning of each day of $1,500 or more in this account
OR an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying deposits/investments
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
Cynophile wrote: Got approved for Amex Delta NF. I gave them a call today after 10 days had passed to see if they can send the card to my Canadian address. This is my first US Amex!

I was on phone for 30 minutes and had to complete a verification check by providing my Canadian passport. After the rep confirmed everything was fine, took my Canadian address and said will have card shipped to Canada in 3 business days once the back end team confirms everything. I should receive a email confirmation in a day or two.
Just received confirmation the card has been shipped to my Canadian address via FedEx. I should receive it on Feb. 27.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
1212 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
Cynophile wrote: Just received confirmation the card has been shipped to my Canadian address via FedEx. I should receive it on Feb. 27.
Just to confirm, you applied for your first Amex and then after 10 business days you called and were able to get them to FedEx it to Canada?

What reason did you give?

I'm about to apply for my first card and read that mail forwarding can take 3-4 weeks... That's a month lost for meeting MSR.
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
pentiumvi wrote: Just to confirm, you applied for your first Amex and then after 10 business days you called and were able to get them to FedEx it to Canada?

What reason did you give?

I'm about to apply for my first card and read that mail forwarding can take 3-4 weeks... That's a month lost for meeting MSR.
Yes, it all depends on the rep!! I took the advice from @efrant and got lucky on the second try. Told the CSR I'm only moving in March and requested them to send it to Canada.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2264 posts
1511 upvotes
Keep forgetting to use dining credit on my Amex Bonvoy.

Second month in a row I almost forgot to put spend on it.

This is really becoming a nuisance. In the meantime, book a marriott and$300 would have been a lot more useful.
Mar 3, 2020
275 posts
553 upvotes
Data point here, been with Amex Canada and in good standing for 3+ years:

Opened bank account across the border, called in to get my account setup and changed my address to my USA mail forwarding service a few days after getting the US account. Applied for AMEX through Global Transfer, put in some info about one of my Canadian AMEX cards (3 digits on back) as it requested, then got approved with a phone call to AMEX that just required me to wait for ~2 minutes while they worked on the backend. No 3 way call with the bank.

Card was shipped next day UPS and re-shipped with my Canadian address from my mail forwarding and I got my card a week later.

Fun fact: Do not use the Address Line 2 for your Suite/Mailbox number and instead put them within Address Line 1, since AMEX cut mine off when they shipped it.
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
skrateboard wrote: Data point here, been with Amex Canada and in good standing for 3+ years:

Opened bank account across the border, called in to get my account setup and changed my address to my USA mail forwarding service a few days after getting the US account. Applied for AMEX through Global Transfer, put in some info about one of my Canadian AMEX cards (3 digits on back) as it requested, then got approved with a phone call to AMEX that just required me to wait for ~2 minutes while they worked on the backend. No 3 way call with the bank.

Card was shipped next day UPS and re-shipped with my Canadian address from my mail forwarding and I got my card a week later.

Fun fact: Do not use the Address Line 2 for your Suite/Mailbox number and instead put them within Address Line 1, since AMEX cut mine off when they shipped it.
What bank did to open across border?
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
hoob wrote: Thanks for BofA reminder... Their no-fee Travel Card has a 0% rate for 18 mo promo on purchases, and a 25,000 point with MSR and no forex.

Just applied as US Card #2 for the wallet after Amex Global Transfer beachhead card.
I’m assuming you have an ITIN? Or is there a way to apply for this card without an ITIN?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6833 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Cynophile wrote: I’m assuming you have an ITIN? Or is there a way to apply for this card without an ITIN?
I have a SSN and a US address, so.... (application is still "under review" though.) :D
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
Cynophile wrote: Got approved for Amex Delta NF. I gave them a call today after 10 days had passed to see if they can send the card to my Canadian address. This is my first US Amex!

I was on phone for 30 minutes and had to complete a verification check by providing my Canadian passport. After the rep confirmed everything was fine, took my Canadian address and said will have card shipped to Canada in 3 business days once the back end team confirms everything. I should receive a email confirmation in a day or two.
Received my card today. This is my first Amex and 2nd US card
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes

Was that verification check via Notarycam or they simply took the ID number or a scan of the Canadian passport?
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Was that verification check via Notarycam or they simply took the ID number or a scan of the Canadian passport?
Scan of Canadian passport
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
Cynophile wrote: Scan of Canadian passport
Interesting... Did they offer to take a scan of a passport without you asking? I did this a while back and they wanted me to use Notarycam before they were willing to fedex my card to Canada.
Feb 8, 2020
541 posts
309 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Interesting... Did they offer to take a scan of a passport without you asking? I did this a while back and they wanted me to use Notarycam before they were willing to fedex my card to Canada.
Yes they sent me a one time passcode for a link to scan and upload my passport. Once that went through she approved and connected to another department. That person took my Canadian address and confirmed to FedEx to Canada.

It was fairly simple process but in total took about 25-30 minutes.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2264 posts
1511 upvotes
Keep getting emails from Capital One that I am pre-approved for Quicksilver. That is a good long term card with 1.5% cashback on everything.

However, I am not getting welcome offers. My only US card is Bonvoy Brilliant. Amex US finally shows my credit score at 750. Guess it is just lack of history for now.

Really need to find an alternate keeper card since I already missed some Bonvoy Brilliant dining credits.

First card that comes to mind for dining out is Amex Cobalt, even overseas as long as they accept it.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
EDL67134234 wrote: Keep getting emails from Capital One that I am pre-approved for Quicksilver. That is a good long term card with 1.5% cashback on everything.

However, I am not getting welcome offers. My only US card is Bonvoy Brilliant. Amex US finally shows my credit score at 750. Guess it is just lack of history for now.

Really need to find an alternate keeper card since I already missed some Bonvoy Brilliant dining credits.

First card that comes to mind for dining out is Amex Cobalt, even overseas as long as they accept it.
They have applications with and without offers so can always go to their website and apply for the card with offers.

Consider Wells Fargo card also with 2% everywhere and usually has offers like $200 after spend $500/$750.

Both these cards also have % offers when login; like 10% at some gas stations but dollar value usually capped.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.