Automotive

Crown rustproof is it possible to do after 8 months ownership?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2016 9:23 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1783 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto

Crown rustproof is it possible to do after 8 months ownership?

Hello guys, I bought my car kia Optima in January this year, and because it was snowing I skipped rustproofing; and now I want to do it.

Will they warranty their work? How much cost? Which location in Brampton?.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14996 posts
11488 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Yeah, it's possible. I believe they have that info on their website.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 10, 2008
499 posts
375 upvotes
Halton Hills
Yes you should do it. I live in north west Brampton and go to the one in Georgetown.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37746 posts
23829 upvotes
Center of Universe
indca wrote: Hello guys, I bought my car kia Optima in January this year, and because it was snowing I skipped rustproofing; and now I want to do it.

Will they warranty their work? How much cost? Which location in Brampton?.
Don't be caught up with the warranty that Krown offers...it only covers perforation and you will have to fight tooth and nail for it.
See below...

KROWN'S warranty excludes only the following:

Roofs; rusting caused by stone chips, nicks, scratches, chips; rusting of caulk filled areas; the front fenders without fender liners, all mechanical parts, paint peeling/blistering/bubbling along seams, crevices and body panels that are not perforation.

KROWN, under the conditions of this warranty, shall not be responsible for lost time, inconvenience or any other consequential damage including loss of use of the vehicle in the event repairs are made to the vehicle under the conditions of this warranty.

Customers are responsible for maintaining yearly records of Krown applications. Please keep all of your receipts.

All rust repairs will be done at a facility chosen by Krown.

WARRANTY AMENDMENTS TO ACCIDENT DAMAGED VEHICLES IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT, THE DAMAGED SECTION MUST BE RE-TREATED WITH KROWN (WITHOUT CHARGE) WITHIN 30 DAYS OF REPAIRS BEING COMPLETED.

However, KROWN has the option of cancelling the warranty depending on the extent of damage and/or quality of repair on the affected area. Areas where missing paint is not replaced & re-sprayed with Krown within 6 months of notice will invalidate warranty.
Dec 14, 2012
621 posts
163 upvotes
Don't be caught up with the warranty
X2

It won't rust where ever the oil reaches.

They don't spray the roof or roof pillars, so it will eventually rust there.

Likewise for the metal around the rubber seal of the front windshield.

For those on a tight budget, but still concern about rust, they Krown every two years.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37746 posts
23829 upvotes
Center of Universe
Redflagger4 wrote:
Don't be caught up with the warranty
X2

It won't rust where ever the oil reaches.

They don't spray the roof or roof pillars, so it will eventually rust there.

Likewise for the metal around the rubber seal of the front windshield.

For those on a tight budget, but still concern about rust, they Krown every two years.
+1, Every two years will be more than sufficient.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)