Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

CRUCIAL BX100 500GB SATA 2.5” 7MM (With 9.5MM Adapter) SSD [$219.99]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2015 2:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 16, 2012
110 posts
21 upvotes

[NCIX] CRUCIAL BX100 500GB SATA 2.5” 7MM (With 9.5MM Adapter) SSD [$219.99]

Crucial BX100 Internal Solid State Drive

Sequential reads/writes up to 535 / 450 MB/s on all file types
Random reads/writes up to 90k / 87k IOPS on all file types
Over 15x faster than a typical hard drive*
Over 2x more reliable than a typical hard drive**
Over 2x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive***
More durable than a hard drive
Available in 2.5-inch form factor in capacities up to 1TB
3 year limited warrant
21 replies
May 21, 2007
898 posts
249 upvotes
Montreal
For anyone who newegg is not charging provincial tax, it's not worth it to price match at BB. For items in that price range, the provincial tax in QC adds about $22. More than than what you're saving when price matching.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
genetik wrote: For anyone who newegg is not charging provincial tax, it's not worth it to price match at BB. For items in that price range, the provincial tax in QC adds about $22. More than than what you're saving when price matching.
Wait they don't charge taxes in Quebec? That's pretty weak, I get charged taxes on newegg :(
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
orangeclockwork wrote: $50 more than the amazon.ca deal a couple weeks ago.
link please
Place Your Ad Here
May 21, 2007
898 posts
249 upvotes
Montreal
Jep4444 wrote: Wait they don't charge taxes in Quebec? That's pretty weak, I get charged taxes on newegg :(
Like most stores in the same vein, ncix, memory express, Canada computers, video games plus etc. we only get charged for GST.

When a store doesn't have a brick and mortar presence in a province, they don't have to charge you that tax. Some still do (like Amazon or eBay purchases from some storefront).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
genetik wrote: Like most stores in the same vein, ncix, memory express, Canada computers, video games plus etc. we only get charged for GST.

When a store doesn't have a brick and mortar presence in a province, they don't have to charge you that tax. Some still do (like Amazon or eBay purchases from some storefront).
Newegg doesn't have any brick and mortar stores in Canada at all though, they have places you can pickup your orders but they aren't actual stores. Maybe if they have any operations in the province, they need to charge the tax or something.
May 21, 2007
898 posts
249 upvotes
Montreal
Jep4444 wrote: Newegg doesn't have any brick and mortar stores in Canada at all though, they have places you can pickup your orders but they aren't actual stores. Maybe if they have any operations in the province, they need to charge the tax or something.
That must be it. I know I have no local pickup possible for newegg in QC.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
genetik wrote: That must be it. I know I have no local pickup possible for newegg in QC.
Well lucky you, I have a pickup option that I never use(since I never want to drive to Mississauga) and have to pay taxes, that's why I rarely actually buy anything from newegg.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3252 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
The Intel 730 ssd at Canada computers for $5 more is one I would grab over this if u in toronto
[OP]
May 16, 2012
110 posts
21 upvotes
ShylocK wrote: The Intel 730 ssd at Canada computers for $5 more is one I would grab over this if u in toronto
Thansk! So confused. Im told it works better with desktops. since Im looking for my MBP, Im just hesitant.
Aug 28, 2014
736 posts
1322 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Got the 500gb BX100 from Amazon a few weeks back for $169 CDN + free shipping, installed fresh Win8.1 in less than 20 min.

Runs like a champ! After tax was $192.

Unfortunately Amazon's prices fluctuate based on a number of factors and now the price is $209 :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7260 posts
9343 upvotes
Scarbs
IRISTORONTO wrote: Thansk! So confused. Im told it works better with desktops. since Im looking for my MBP, Im just hesitant.
It's not that it works better, but rather it's better suited. 730's power consumption would chew through your notebook battery, where as it's not an issue on a desktop that's plugged in.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)