Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Crucial MX200 250gb - $119 + FS @ NCIX. PM? YMMV.

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2015 11:57 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto

[NCIX] Crucial MX200 250gb - $119 + FS @ NCIX. PM? YMMV.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/crucial-mx20 ... 6-1146.htm

simple. the drive is $119.99 which is a good price to begin with.

its in stock @ staples, and PM may be a possibility. You can than use whatever coupon fits with the $119.99 purchase (or add fillers to use visa $20/100 ect)

extremely limited hot deal though, hate ncix for its wording, so not sure about PM chances..

hope it works!
18 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
jiffylube1024 wrote: I ordered one just because it supposedly has really good NAND power failure protection, which is a nice feature to have.
yeah, not a bad drive at all, personally i use the 850 evo, but at this price its not bad. cant go wrong either way - i dont have any sensitive data so i dont really care about that; just need speed.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4550 posts
1002 upvotes
Toronto
Financials wrote: yeah, not a bad drive at all, personally i use the 850 evo, but at this price its not bad. cant go wrong either way - i dont have any sensitive data so i dont really care about that; just need speed.
From my point of view, in terms of "feel" pretty much any modern SSD has a similar speed, so the features become the differentiating factor.

I do agree, though - you can't really go wrong. Samsung, Intel and Crucial all make excellent, reliable drives. I put an 840 samsung in my parents' PC and it flies too!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
jiffylube1024 wrote: From my point of view, in terms of "feel" pretty much any modern SSD has a similar speed, so the features become the differentiating factor.

I do agree, though - you can't really go wrong. Samsung, Intel and Crucial all make excellent, reliable drives. I put an 840 samsung in my parents' PC and it flies too!
Intel = Baller Drive. Get a 730 on a hot deal or if you have money to blow and SSDs are visible in the case. Amazing look + performance, top of the line speeds.

Samsung = Best all around. prices on deals have come to the point where its worth it to just wait for a good 850 evo or pro deal (pro warranty is nice). speed demons.

Crucial = very reliable, solid performance, budget friendly. my m500 240gb for $84.99 was a great deal. although it had slower write speeds, i just write everything once aside from documents i work on (only load progams and games when i format fresh, dont really add much) ... the read was comparable to this 850 evo and its an old budget level crucial drive. the mx200 is a step up in performance though, comparable to 850 evo and 530 intel.

not much difference really. whatever is the best deal at the time is worth it lol. doesnt make sense to buy any other ssd drive to me though.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11821 posts
2649 upvotes
OOS at extreme price. I thought visa $20/$100 discount has expired. Many RFDers tried to combined the visa discount on HP colour laser deal yesterday.
Financials wrote: http://www.ncix.com/detail/crucial-mx20 ... 6-1146.htm

simple. the drive is $119.99 which is a good price to begin with.

its in stock @ staples, and PM may be a possibility. You can than use whatever coupon fits with the $119.99 purchase (or add fillers to use visa $20/100 ect)

extremely limited hot deal though, hate ncix for its wording, so not sure about PM chances..

hope it works!
Mar 6, 2010
749 posts
110 upvotes
82 wrote: OOS at extreme price. I thought visa $20/$100 discount has expired. Many RFDers tried to combined the visa discount on HP colour laser deal yesterday.
Still 119.99 at Direct Canada, 7 left
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7276 posts
1326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
py2000 wrote: prices have gone back up.
Not at Direct Canada
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
Financials wrote: shows as $233USD for me..

and its double the size?
That's $234 CAD but yes it's for the 512, not the 256.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote: That's $234 CAD but yes it's for the 512, not the 256.
nvm you are right - im stupid its .ca too haha.

thats better deal by far. thats hot as hell @ $233. plus 500GB! better speeds i think.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
Financials wrote: nvm you are right - im stupid its .ca too haha.

thats better deal by far. thats hot as hell @ $233. plus 500GB! better speeds i think.
Benchmarks suggest the speed difference is only there in benchmarks and a few, but not all, write tests(read scores came back near identical). The bigger size is nice but I wouldn't get it just for the speed difference.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote: Benchmarks suggest the speed difference is only there in benchmarks and a few, but not all, write tests(read scores came back near identical). The bigger size is nice but I wouldn't get it just for the speed difference.
yeah its noting to be noticed in real world really, but usually the larger the ssd the better the performance. bigger jump from 120-240 though. and sometimes 1tb can go back down a bit
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
Financials wrote: yeah its noting to be noticed in real world really, but usually the larger the ssd the better the performance. bigger jump from 120-240 though. and sometimes 1tb can go back down a bit
That's generally a function of cheaper low capacity SSD that use a smaller amount of high capacity chips. Generally better low capacity SSD will use more smaller chips so the performance drop vs the higher capacity is negligible. I know the MX200 250GB uses chips half the capacity of the 500 but not sure about the Evo(though performance benchmarks seems to suggest it does).
Nov 11, 2009
476 posts
119 upvotes
Edmonton
Just FYI for those wanting to PM at Staples: the VISA Checkout promo doesn't seem to work anymore, so you'll have to use the standard Staples coupons floating around...