10305 posts
2886 upvotes

Crunch Fitness $99 for 1 year

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2019
Retailer:
Crunch Fitness
Saw in my Facebook feed Crunch is offering basic membership for $99. Any comments on this club and deal appreciated. Seem pretty solid.

Click "Base" to see price breakdown.

https://www.crunch.com/join
37 replies
Jun 24, 2016
318 posts
268 upvotes
Interesting approach in BC where they put the clubs in the far out burbs.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7312 posts
3273 upvotes
Toronto
Single club access, plus processing fee 19.95 and annual fee 56.44, fyi.
May 13, 2011
993 posts
461 upvotes
Ajax
Been a member for the past year. Not the best fitness club. You get what you pay for. In the GTA the only good club is at yongue and Gerrard. The club in whitby isn’t the greatest and barely has any lockers. Equipment is ok but layout is not the greatest. My membership is expiring on Dec 31st and I will be going back to Goodlife.

The basic membership is good if you are ok with only attending 1 club and your happy with that one club.

Keep in mind that they also have corporate memberships so you may want to check with your employer. The generic corporate plan is all inclusive including bring a friend and access to all clubs for $299 plus taxes. Also with the corporate membership you don’t pay any processing or annual fees.
Dec 22, 2015
13 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Saw the same deal around Black Friday and in addition to this deal, Peak results (multi gym access) was available for $199+processing fees+tax. I signed-up for peak results. My local gym has the same promo (without annual fees) until Dec 31st.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10305 posts
2886 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Single club access, plus processing fee 19.95 and annual fee 56.44, fyi.
Looks like no annual fee on this deal..

Annual Price $99.00
Annual membership dues are paid in full at the time of purchase.

Processing Fee $19.95
A one-time charge for the expenses related to establishing an individual’s membership.

Subtotal $118.95
Tax $15.46
TOTAL DUE Today $134.41
Dec 10, 2014
286 posts
163 upvotes
BC
kool1 wrote: Looks like no annual fee on this deal..

Annual Price $99.00
Annual membership dues are paid in full at the time of purchase.

Processing Fee $19.95
A one-time charge for the expenses related to establishing an individual’s membership.

Subtotal $118.95
Tax $15.46
TOTAL DUE Today $134.41
There will be a $42 maintenance fee, once a year if this is the Suterbrook location in BC.

Crunch is associated with Steve Nash as written in the contract, i had bad experiences with them in the past so i decided not to sign anything with Crunch.
Despite them telling me that they're still separate companies. Yea duh, but i don't want to give another dime to a company that is associated with Steve Nash gym in any way.

They're also very aggressive trying to get you to sign up for their $20+/mo gym memberships, even after telling them I'm only interested in the base plan numerous times.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10305 posts
2886 upvotes
cjstk90 wrote: There will be a $42 maintenance fee, once a year if this is the Suterbrook location in BC.

Crunch is associated with Steve Nash as written in the contract, i had bad experiences with them in the past so i decided not to sign anything with Crunch.
Despite them telling me that they're still separate companies. Yea duh, but i don't want to give another dime to a company that is associated with Steve Nash gym in any way.

They're also very aggressive trying to get you to sign up for their $20+/mo gym memberships, even after telling them I'm only interested in the base plan numerous times.
I was just going to join on-line.

Don't see any additional charges. This is the Burloak location in Burlington ON.
Dec 10, 2014
286 posts
163 upvotes
BC
You should ask just to make sure because they lied to me saying that there isn't any fees as well. Until I specifically confirmed if that means they won't have any of those annual maintenance fees most gyms have, and then that's when they said ohhhh ya we do
Mar 23, 2009
637 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any experience cancelling with them as well? I'm extra leary when it comes to gyms because it seems there's always horror stores about extra charges or they continue to charge after you cancel and it's hard to actually cancel. I was looking at the yearly one... Seems a good deal at $100... Wonder if there's an automatic yearly renewal on that one.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1873 posts
784 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If this gym is associated with Steve Nash then there's no way in hell I'm contributing a dime to this sleezy company again.

In addition to having sleezy sales practices, they also have sleezy marketing practices. They spam me frequently without an option to opt-out of their email. Your only option is to flag it as spam. This is a clear violation of Canadian anti-spam laws.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3192 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: I was just going to join on-line.

Don't see any additional charges. This is the Burloak location in Burlington ON.
there is no additional charges other than what you see online. I joined at this price last year and also rejoined again this year and there was no additional maintenance fee.

for $133 a year its hard to go wrong as long as you dont need any of the extras that you pay for at other gyms
astroboy100 wrote: Anyone have any experience cancelling with them as well? I'm extra leary when it comes to gyms because it seems there's always horror stores about extra charges or they continue to charge after you cancel and it's hard to actually cancel. I was looking at the yearly one... Seems a good deal at $100... Wonder if there's an automatic yearly renewal on that one.
this yearly membership automatically cancels at the end of the year - does not automatically renew so you will have to rejoin again if you want to continue
Mar 23, 2009
637 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent, thank you so much!... I'll likely join tomorrow then.
May 12, 2019
105 posts
121 upvotes
Is it a clean gym? Is the equipment well maintained? How are the people that go there - any troublemakers? Are the hours of operation good?
Mar 24, 2015
337 posts
182 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Crunch in Kitchener used to be World Gym, and I was there for years. Dropped the membership to 10 bucks a month, and you couldn't even find a parking spot . Equipment would sit broken for months. They also cut out all of the frills you used to get, towels, etc. Got run down and silly quickly.