Entertainment

Cry Macho, Clint Eastwood’s first film since the 2018 The Mule

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 8:14 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7381 posts
8083 upvotes
Toronto

Cry Macho, Clint Eastwood’s first film since the 2018 The Mule



from https://deadline.com/video/clint-eastwo ... ease-date/
The fabled director/producer stars in the film as Mike Milo, a one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder who, in 1979, takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man’s young son home from Mexico.

Forced to take the backroads on their way to Texas, the unlikely pair faces an unexpectedly challenging journey, during which the world-weary horseman finds unexpected connections and his own sense of redemption.

Cry Macho opens September 17, 2021 in the US and on HBO Max on the Ad-Free plan; it will be available on HBO Max for 31 days from theatrical release.
13 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
10681 posts
3081 upvotes
Winnipeg
well we know who wins the oscar this year.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1247 posts
1198 upvotes
Really like Clint Eastwood's older Dirty Harry Movies - tough guy with attitude.

Amazing that he directs and acts in his movies !!!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19302 posts
7451 upvotes
Toronto
Amazing he is 91, directs and acts. A legend.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19897 posts
6079 upvotes
Toronto
Judging by reviews, things are not looking good for this one. This is going to crash and burn at the box office, and I wouldn't be surprised if Free Guy (in its 7th weekend) handily beats it, although that might be OK because of HBO Max. However, I don't think it will win many major awards.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 29, 2005
3017 posts
580 upvotes
Pickering
Hate to say it, since he's truly a legend, but his age is really showing in this movie and some parts were just not believable and just cringe.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
22295 posts
3581 upvotes
Toronto
night blade wrote: Hate to say it, since he's truly a legend, but his age is really showing in this movie and some parts were just not believable and just cringe.
Dang, tho from the trailer - there is one part that shows him throwing a punch and hitting some young thug.

Right away I thought “c’mon!”

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2010
4109 posts
2023 upvotes
Definitely have to respect the man for his craft. Heck, even Bruce Lee loved the man enough to follow his formula of going abroad to shoot movies with hopes of being rewarded later. Long live the spaghetti westerns! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19897 posts
6079 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: Judging by reviews, things are not looking good for this one. This is going to crash and burn at the box office, and I wouldn't be surprised if Free Guy (in its 7th weekend) handily beats it, although that might be OK because of HBO Max. However, I don't think it will win many major awards.
Yup. The Friday numbers just came out, and the pundits today are saying that Free Guy will snatch the second place spot ahead of Cry Macho this weekend. It's a distant second though, at around $5 million or less, with Shang-Chi expected to do over $20 million.

Mr_Fanta wrote: Definitely have to respect the man for his craft. Heck, even Bruce Lee loved the man enough to follow his formula of going abroad to shoot movies with hopes of being rewarded later. Long live the spaghetti westerns! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
One of my favourite movies of all time is a noodle western. :)

Image
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17665 posts
4138 upvotes
Toronto
I'll be giving this a watch tonight or tomorrow.

HBOMax is offering their ad-free service for 6 months for $7.49 USD / month instead of $14.99 USD / month to new and returning customers. Offer ends Sep 26.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 6.07.16 PM.png
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2180 posts
1184 upvotes
London
ji2o0k wrote: Dang, tho from the trailer - there is one part that shows him throwing a punch and hitting some young thug.

Right away I thought “c’mon!”
I haven't watched the movie, or even the rest of that scene.
I did watch that one punch you reference, and can say I've known men in their 90s that are quite capable of that.

Top