• Feb 4th, 2023 10:03 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2380 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
@titaniumtux CDC backed down today and changed staking of CRO needed to get the different credit cards to slightly lower than it was with the MCO coins, since CRO is about 0.20 CAD and MCO was about 5.55 CAD

Ruby Red- 50 MCO to 1000 CRO
Jade/Indigo - 500 MCO to 10,000 CRO
Icy White/Rose Gold - 5000 MCO to 100,000 CRO
Obsidian Black - 50,000 MCO to 1,000,000 CRO

I see myself possibly upgrading to the Jade card if CRO goes down to 0.15 CAD before cards are issued. ( After they are issued you have to pay 50USD for a new card to be sent out ).
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Bull Dog wrote: @titaniumtux CDC backed down today and changed staking of CRO needed to get the different credit cards to slightly lower than it was with the MCO coins, since CRO is about 0.20 CAD and MCO was about 5.55 CAD

Ruby Red- 50 MCO to 1000 CRO
Jade/Indigo - 500 MCO to 10,000 CRO
Icy White/Rose Gold - 5000 MCO to 100,000 CRO
Obsidian Black - 50,000 MCO to 1,000,000 CRO

I see myself possibly upgrading to the Jade card if CRO goes down to 0.15 CAD before cards are issued. ( After they are issued you have to pay 50USD for a new card to be sent out ).
I saw that, I'm stoked!! Looking forward to up-staking next week :D
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1156 posts
1364 upvotes
Kitchener
Nice , that's a huge drop.

I remember the cost was around $200 usd / $2000 usd in MCO days.. 2k usd in canadian peso's, well as we all know that's a shitload of peso's. but now it's just 2k canadian.

The change seems well implemented too. I got grandfathered, but also have the option to select when I want to do the swap, up to the next 90 days (or 90 days since the change).
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1156 posts
1364 upvotes
Kitchener
Did the swap to get teh early +20% swap bonus. With it, my initial $200 investment into MCO some year+ back is now worth over 500 usd :)

(includes the sign up bonuses, and various bonuses they gave over the year)
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
JaiKor wrote: Damn, future paxg syndicate has a minimum trading limits with minimum cro stackingto participate.
I saw that. Since I don't really trade, there's no way for me to meet that trading limit.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1977 posts
1297 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea if I upgrade my visa, the interest rate of existing term deposit upgrades too? Or it remains the same until end of term?
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
JaiKor wrote: Any idea if I upgrade my visa, the interest rate of existing term deposit upgrades too? Or it remains the same until end of term?
It depends.

I just upgraded to icey white / rose gold tier (the 4% card at 100k CRO stake). Immediately the existing term deposits in crypto earn gained the +2% (in CRO coin) accelerator.

I think going from Ruby red to green/purple might not increase the earn rates on existing deposits. I could be wrong.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2380 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: I saw that. Since I don't really trade, there's no way for me to meet that trading limit.
it'd be easy to generate 5000 in trade , just go back and forth from USDC to USDT, both stable coins. I read somewhere it would cost about 17.00
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Bull Dog wrote: it'd be easy to generate 5000 in trade , just go back and forth from USDC to USDT, both stable coins. I read somewhere it would cost about 17.00
Certainly a nice work-around :D
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2380 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Certainly a nice work-around :D
They just upped trading requirements for people holding 100,000 CRO - now you have to trade 15,000USD in past 30 days
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Bull Dog wrote: They just upped trading requirements for people holding 100,000 CRO - now you have to trade 15,000USD in past 30 days
Is that staked for the account tier or inside The Exchange?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2380 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Is that staked for the account tier or inside The Exchange?
Exchange
Images
  • hhmu8vjxoyh51.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
3020 posts
2215 upvotes
Calgary
Bull Dog wrote: it'd be easy to generate 5000 in trade , just go back and forth from USDC to USDT, both stable coins. I read somewhere it would cost about 17.00
Just did this, took 1000 USDT for 2 round trips to USDC
Made a 1 tick profit on each trade thanks to the 90 days of free trades.
Ready for my first Syndicate :)

Found a reference for historical Syndicate allocations : https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_com/com ... ted_every/
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1743 posts
777 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
  1. can't do volume with Revolut...they'll shut you down for funneling bank transfers
  2. You can get creative with TW...I also successfully transferred GBP from Monzo to CDC
  3. Newton and Coinberry are good if you "time the market" (by that I mean fund and trade when there's a market dip) since you can fund and trade quickly at low spread
Can you explain what the process would be to purchase BTC on Newton and then convert to CRO? The Crypto App is a bit confusing and don't really see how this is done on there.

From what I can tell, I would need to also download the Crypto.com wallet and then send BTC to that wallet address and then convert CRO from inside the app. Is that accurate?
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
stillmatic11 wrote: Can you explain what the process would be to purchase BTC on Newton and then convert to CRO? The Crypto App is a bit confusing and don't really see how this is done on there.

From what I can tell, I would need to also download the Crypto.com wallet and then send BTC to that wallet address and then convert CRO from inside the app. Is that accurate?
  1. buy BTC with Newton
  2. send BTC to Crypro.com
  3. sell BTC to buy CRO

Also...
  1. Crypto.com or other platform wallets are optional
  2. browse through the Crypto.com app screens to get familiar with it. They offer a handful of things. There are also good reviews on YouTube
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1743 posts
777 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
  1. buy BTC with Newton
  2. send BTC to Crypro.com
  3. sell BTC to buy CRO

Also...
  1. Crypto.com or other platform wallets are optional
  2. browse through the Crypto.com app screens to get familiar with it. They offer a handful of things. There are also good reviews on YouTube
Thanks!

I signed up on Crypto.com and linked the app. I was able to find the Bitcoin Wallet Address to receive BTC by clicking "Deposit" under the "Balances" section.

There's also a 2% Deposit Bonus (paid out in CRO) for new users if you deposit Crypto within 30 days on Crypto.com and you do not get this through the app.

So, it definitely makes sense to deposit funds through Crypto.com rather than the app. After converting BTC to CRO, you can then withdrawal to the App and go through the sign up process for the card.

One important thing I have noticed is that Staking through the Crypto.com Exchange and App is different. So, if you want the card it is important to Stake through the App where the card sign-up is rather than the exchange.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1743 posts
777 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: It depends.

I just upgraded to icey white / rose gold tier (the 4% card at 100k CRO stake). Immediately the existing term deposits in crypto earn gained the +2% (in CRO coin) accelerator.

I think going from Ruby red to green/purple might not increase the earn rates on existing deposits. I could be wrong.
I think it most likely should, because staking 10k CRO for the Jade Card gets me 2% extra in Crypto Earn as well for the app.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
3020 posts
2215 upvotes
Calgary
I can see the allure of this game...pleasantly surprised to see the BTC Syndicate return 6.4%...free $80 :)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2380 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
I saw that CDC down today, apparently there was a bug that valued ETH at some huge amount like 40 or 80,000.00 . Did you cash out @rodbarc @titaniumtux ?