• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 12:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 5, 2016
3 posts

Crypto miners

Bought into HIVE between $2-3/share when HUT was around $5/share.

Wondering why HUT has exploded 2.5x and HIVE has done 30% in the same time frame? I know there are issues with releasing financial reports, could this be the delay in price increase?

Will HUT be the next MARA or is HIVE still a good buy?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6896 posts
1808 upvotes
Read their annual reports. You can see their hash rate and pipeline.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2020
1030 posts
1141 upvotes
Toronto
GB1985 wrote: Bought into HIVE between $2-3/share when HUT was around $5/share.

Wondering why HUT has exploded 2.5x and HIVE has done 30% in the same time frame? I know there are issues with releasing financial reports, could this be the delay in price increase?

Will HUT be the next MARA or is HIVE still a good buy?
take a look at how many bitcoins that HUT, HIVE, BITF, MARA, RIOT has.

including cost to mine, overhead & EPS.

this I believe is the measure of the stock price based on BTC price ... I could be wrong

this year I have held (currently holding), been in & out of as well as sold covered call options on MARA ... now at zero ACB with just 1000 shares, continue to sell covered call options for income.

MARA last at $35.84, the March 2022 $25 call option is paying last at $16.70.

potential profit $25 + $16.70 = $41.70 minus $35.84 cost = $5.86/$35.84 is 16.35% for 6 mths or 32.70% annualized

downside protection cost $35.84 minus $16.70 up front option premium = $19.14 the stock can drop to before the trade starts losing money.

exit position playing time decay on the option

I see crypto miners as risky investment on buy & hold (do you have an exit strategy), better to day, swing trade or sell DITM options.

profit is profit.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2016
3 posts
Thank you for all that.

I did know HUT had more BTC on the books, but I was under the impression HIVE was a bigger player in the ETH portion.

I do have an exit strategy, but BTC would have to be higher, hopefully the miners price goes up correlating to BTC.