813 posts
498 upvotes

[CSI] 20% off Canadian Securities Course

Deal Link:
Savings:
20%
Expiry:
March 27, 2015
Like every year, The Canadian Securities Institute is having a 20% coupon off their certification.
It's a great time to complete the Canadian security course for those in finance.

https://www.csi.ca/leads/Registration.d ... RID=620120

The exam is relatively easy to complete, and its a great way to start a career in a financial institution.

I passed the certification last year, don't hesitate to ask me question!
52 replies
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4227 posts
4677 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cats_on_burners wrote: Like every year, The Canadian Security Institute is having a 20% coupon off their certification.
It's a great time to complete the Canadian security course for those in finance.

The exam is relatively easy to complete, and its a great way to start a career in a financial institution.

It's securitIES , and here I was thinking there was a discount for a course for holding a baton and whip, err, i meant flashlight.
Nov 6, 2009
42 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I don't know if the deal is good... but to be honest it is not a good idea to work in financial institutes... low pay high stress... I am speaking of experience here...
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1110 posts
1063 upvotes
GTA
er34er34 wrote: It's securitIES , and here I was thinking there was a discount for a course for holding a baton and whip, err, i meant flashlight.
You made my day!
Jun 12, 2010
666 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
cats_on_burners wrote: Like every year, The Canadian Securities Institute is having a 20% coupon off their certification.

Is it possible for a new graduate to complete this course with say university experience only?
[OP]
Dec 30, 2008
813 posts
498 upvotes
mike229 wrote: Is it possible for a new graduate to complete this course with say university experience only?
Yes, anyone can complete this exam.
I have a bachelor in finance, and honestly I skimmed trough the notes and passed the exam.
This certification is relatively easy.
A joke compared to CFA, FRM.
This certification should help you get a first job.
Sep 18, 2004
562 posts
274 upvotes
cats_on_burners wrote: Like every year, The Canadian Securities Institute is having a 20% coupon off their certification.

Is this a general offer, or some kind of referral link? I don't see it anywhere on their website.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2008
813 posts
498 upvotes
molo wrote: Is this a general offer, or some kind of referral link? I don't see it anywhere on their website.
This is a general offer.
Since I passed the course, CSI send me an email to invite other people to pass the test.
I got the 20% off last year thanks to someone here on RFD, I tought I do the same.
Sep 18, 2004
562 posts
274 upvotes
cats_on_burners wrote: This is a general offer.
Since I passed the course, CSI send me an email to invite other people to pass the test.
I got the 20% off last year thanks to someone here on RFD, I tought I do the same.
Well if you have to be invited by someone then it is not a "general offer", it is "invitation-only". It actually looks very much like a referral, because of the unique URL. Do you benefit in some way from signups via your link?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1110 posts
1063 upvotes
GTA
As far as I know, the original email receivers don't get referral benefit forwarding this email. He's just doing a favor.
molo wrote: Well if you have to be invited by someone then it is not a "general offer", it is "invitation-only". It actually looks very much like a referral, because of the unique URL. Do you benefit in some way from signups via your link?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
yeah, this isn't like some retail viral marketing scheme where op will get referral cash. plus, even though its against the rules, i dont think in this situation you should care... if you were looking to do this test, any savings is great, and it will pay itself off easily.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2008
813 posts
498 upvotes
molo wrote: Well if you have to be invited by someone then it is not a "general offer", it is "invitation-only". It actually looks very much like a referral, because of the unique URL. Do you benefit in some way from signups via your link?
This is not a refferal since I don't get a penny out of this.
I'm only passing this out since someone on RFD helped me get this certification at lower cost last year.
Sep 18, 2004
562 posts
274 upvotes
cats_on_burners wrote: This is not a refferal since I don't get a penny out of this.
I'm only passing this out since someone on RFD helped me get this certification at lower cost last year.
Fair enough, thanked.
Feb 25, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
mike229 wrote: Is it possible for a new graduate to complete this course with say university experience only?
I just completed it after my 1st year in uni, so you should be fine
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
941 upvotes
The 6
iambeetle wrote: I don't know if the deal is good... but to be honest it is not a good idea to work in financial institutes... low pay high stress... I am speaking of experience here...
Depends on what you do. I am an INSEAD alum and have a lot of M&A experience in London. I finally caved in and a took an offer with a Canadian bank (though I really miss London)

I am making more than a million per year (gross including options/taxable benefits). It's all about your education & experience. You have to make yourself stand out from the crowd. You also have to know when to tell your employer to kiss your ass if they don't pony up when negotiating your salary.