• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2019 6:28 pm
[OP]
May 21, 2019
2 posts

CSR outsourcing

Hi guys,

My biz is growing and I'm unable to keep up with all of my daily tasks on my own anymore. I recently hired a shipper, so that really has taken a load off.
But, I need CS or ***maybe*** even administrative help. It's hard to hand over the administrivia to someone, so I think it would be much easier to *hand over* CS to an individual working remotely. (located in Canada)

Can anyone give me any ideas on how I can go about finding an individual for this purpose? I'm thinking a big company won't be the best fit because this person needs to learn my business and all of the intricacies of the products to help cust. make decisions on what to purchase.

Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!!
5 replies
Nov 22, 2009
788 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
For your needs I'd recommend hiring someone with experience in customer service, retail and/or hospitality who seems competent enough to deal with the job.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4926 upvotes
Here 'n There
It may be much easier to hand over the CSR work rather than the admin, but sales & customer service is the lifeblood of a company. I'd work to offload the admin before I would ever the latter.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3172 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
Get married and hire your spouse.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16645 posts
6899 upvotes
Unless the Customer Service representative is conducting business strictly via email where it is extremely simple to audit what they are doing in real time I would hesitate to outsource that. It sounds like this person will be involved in selling your product and just randomly letting someone do this, which I assume is the heart of your business, seems like a poor idea.

If you are going to outsource the customer service aspect I would highly recommend you have them operate from the same physical location as you (I assume with a shipper you have a warehouse at least) so that you are able to closely monitor and correct their activities. This also allows you to mentor them on how to be successful, as it seems your business has grown so clearly you have some skills that you are able to pass on.
[OP]
May 21, 2019
2 posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I am thinking I really need to hire an Admin Assistant now. Yup, TrevorK has the right idea.

Face With Tears Of Joytorontotim, did that work for you?