• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 6:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1252 posts
73 upvotes
isitin wrote: WOW, with my 50 litre tank I will save $1.
My wifes tank is 40L. So all she has to do is fill out a survey. Print out a piece of paper, go to a CT gas bar. hand it to the attendant who may not even honour the coupon and save less than the price of a stamp.

Companies have long known that Canadians are pretty dumb when it comes to saving on gas. People will drive a cross town to save a penny on a litre of gas.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3591 posts
1854 upvotes
Some people don't have Costco memberships...

Anyways, 2 cents off is basically 2% off gas.

10% off from GC at Sobeys
+ 2% coupon
+ 4% credit card (used to buy the GC's at Sobeys)
+ 5% Air Miles (from buying Sobeys GC to buy the CT GC)
+ 3% CT money
= 24% off in total
May 21, 2002
775 posts
212 upvotes
2c off is NOT 2% anymore have you seen the price of oil lately? Currently gas is .82c and dropping....
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto, ON
crystallight wrote: Some people don't have Costco memberships...

Anyways, 2 cents off is basically 2% off gas.

10% off from GC at Sobeys
+ 2% coupon
+ 4% credit card (used to buy the GC's at Sobeys)
+ 5% Air Miles (from buying Sobeys GC to buy the CT GC)
+ 3% CT money
= 24% off in total
Damn it. Now I really regret not getting those ct gift cards from sobey
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5129 posts
1623 upvotes
Wat
99SiR wrote: 2c off is NOT 2% anymore have you seen the price of oil lately? Currently gas is .82c and dropping....
So its more than 2% off. That's a good thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3591 posts
1854 upvotes
99SiR wrote: 2c off is NOT 2% anymore have you seen the price of oil lately? Currently gas is .82c and dropping....
Lol that means it's more than 2% then, which is better.

But it's nowhere near 82 cents where I am. The lowest I saw was 93.9 cents and that was the day where the news said gas prices would drop 3 cents. After that it has steadily risen and I'm seeing around 96cents-1 dollar where I am :(
May 21, 2002
775 posts
212 upvotes
That's true but guess my comment is more tied to to the price of oil and the hit to the energy sector , jobs , stocks , etc... I'd rather pay a few bucks more in gas to give everyone's jobs back and have the tsx hit 15,500 again...and CAD hit parity with USD
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3591 posts
1854 upvotes
So would I...but...that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread whatsoever and is completely irrelevant to this deal.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10681 posts
3343 upvotes
isitin wrote: WOW, with my 50 litre tank I will save $1.
1 free tank of gas per year for doing their survey sound better?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9413 posts
7652 upvotes
Kitchener
I wonder what the survey is about?

Q: How much do you love NOT having to pay for gas now that you drive an electric car?
A: It's amazing, I LOVE it. Absolutely hate paying 6x as much for gasoline vs electricity. Even if gasoline dropped below $0.20/litre to be competitive in cost, it would be impossible to go back.

LOL, all jokes aside, it's pretty ironic that Canadian Tire is installing EV chargers at some of their stores (which like most other public chargers are 100% free), and by doing this are pulling people away from buying their gas. ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3591 posts
1854 upvotes
99SiR wrote: Well not completely your still wrong about your 2% calculation which I stated and price of gas is tied to oil so a discussion on oil does have something to do with this thread. But keep on with your blanket "completely irrelevant " statements...
You're joking right?

Firstly, I said 2% because that's basically what it is. Obviously I can't give an exact % as gas prices are different for every city and even within cities themselves, but 2% is pretty close. According to gas buddy right now, average price in Toronto is 98.4 cents, so 2.03%.
Secondly, you said your comment "is more tied to to the price of oil and the hit to the energy sector , jobs , stocks , etc... I'd rather pay a few bucks more in gas to give everyone's jobs back and have the tsx hit 15,500 again...and CAD hit parity with USD". How the heck is that relevant to a thread about a gas station coupon? Please tell me how the stock market, giving people's jobs back and currency exchange is relevant?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3591 posts
1854 upvotes
For the people trying to get the coupon, I checked my last CT gas receipt and it didn't have the station number on it, so I just used the 0000 in the example it gave and it worked.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto, ON
99SiR wrote: That's true but guess my comment is more tied to to the price of oil and the hit to the energy sector , jobs , stocks , etc... I'd rather pay a few bucks more in gas to give everyone's jobs back and have the tsx hit 15,500 again...and CAD hit parity with USD
Doesn't matter. If oil prices go up, everything is will go up like cost of groceries, cost of everything. It's not like gas prices have dropped significantly with the drop. We still getting it in the ass with gas prices. Companies are just cutting back because they aren't making buttload of money like they are used too, but still making MORE than EVER.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
4746 posts
1605 upvotes
Ontario
Does anyone know if we can stack this 2 cents off survey coupon with CTC e-money of 5 cents per litre on CTC gift cards in the West?

You have to show the attendant the 2 cents off paper coupon, right?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1476 posts
461 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: This is advertised in my CT Gas station

but I gotta use up my Esso 5 cents off card first :)
5 cents > 2 cents

esso premium more expensive than CT's, same quality, no ethanol
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
4746 posts
1605 upvotes
Ontario
can anyone confirm that you can use a Mark's Work Warehouse Gift Card at Canadian Tire Gas Bars?

Safeway West had bonus Airmiles for buying these.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1476 posts
461 upvotes
the bard code of coupon looks the same
Aug 26, 2004
289 posts
14 upvotes
does anyone have the scan of the coupon? Thanks.
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
looks like the coupon is over? all they are offering now is a chance to win instant prizes?

actually it still lists the 2 cent discount. does anyone know how long it takes to get the coupon?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)