Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT Hydro-Force Kayak

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2014 12:21 pm
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3266 posts
1436 upvotes
Common sense will tell that it'll b harder to paddle
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Nov 26, 2010
16 posts
1 upvote
I bought one earlier this month. Overall it was great! It was easy to pack in the car, set up, and it was very light. My kids have never been in a canoe and enjoyed the participative nature of the kayak, which comes with two paddles. Quickly learned that same concepts of canoeing applied. Because it is light, you will want to keep a little more distance from rocks or the shore if you don't intend to dock. On the flipside, it felt very responsive and sped away from the beach easily. The only complaint is the seats didn't do a good job of supporting me. There is a velcro strip to hold the bottom of the seat and two straps to hold the sides. However, the velcro strip does not go far enough towards the back to actually work. I ended up wedging myself at the very back of the kayak. Not ideal, but it worked. We had fun and it saves the $27/hour to rent a canoe or a heavy paddle boat at a provincial park - keeping it! Don't forget the life jackets!
Dec 17, 2012
34 posts
24 upvotes
Pickering, ON
napoleonbot wrote: CT Hydro-Force Kayak $269.99, any good / bad / worth to buy?

Any comments for inflatable kayak vs regular kayak, I want one, but don't have much room in garage.
I just bought the $99 single person Intex kayaks from Walmart. Given that I don't have a roof carrier and a real kayak won't fit in my car, the inflatables are a good compromise. Took the Intex ones out last weekend and they work great. Very impressed and would recommend for situations without much current. Fyi, Walmart has a 2 person kayak as well for less.