Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

CT - Meguiar's Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit $17.49 March 9th-15th

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2014 3:24 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14023 posts
28341 upvotes

[Amazon.com] CT - Meguiar's Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit $17.49 March 9th-15th

Product Detail

Since this kit doesn't involve any sanding , it's good for light scratches/oxydation/yellowing .Basically it's a bottle of PlastX with a drill buffer head and a microfiber cloth .I've used this on a motorcycle windscreen with success.Does polish plastic headlights nicely removing light scratches .Mine were not really oxydated so cannot vouch but there's a few customer pictures at Amazon.com

[IMG]http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Canadia ... mage_na_EN[/IMG]

•Restores like-new clarity to cloudy, scratched, oxidized and yellowed, uncoated plastic surfaces on headlights and clear plastic

•PlastX formula works in concert with unique buffing pad and your drill to safely deliver amazing results in just minutes

•Effectively removes fine scratches, surface contaminants, oxidation, cloudiness and yellowing, leaving plastics brilliantly clear and polished

•No extra steps, complicated solutions or sanding required

•Works on headlights, brake lights, plastic convertible windows, motorcycle windscreens, helmet face shields, boat windows and more

•Includes 6 oz (177 ml) PlastX solution, easy buff pad and microfibre towel

13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
8513 posts
252 upvotes
You can also use the left over plastx to buff the scratches out of any plastics you might have. Everyone always recommends it for buffing scratches out of glossy laptop lids.
Feb 1, 2011
107 posts
23 upvotes
Innisfil
Its a good deal especially for very light scratches but I would rather use 1500 wet sand paper, a good swirl remover and a good wax. this way it removes the deeper scratches and the final results are very impressive. I charge my friends $50 a set and make sure they come back looking spotless and clear as hell.
Jul 3, 2008
541 posts
372 upvotes
Ontario
hammie1983 wrote: i charge my clients $50 a set and make sure they come back looking spotless and clear as hell.

ftfy
Jan 8, 2012
105 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Remember to add UV protection after doing this.

Most headlights come with a layer of UV protection and once you buff/sand it off your headlights will start yellowing a lot faster from the sun.

A good product would be 303 aerospace protectant.
Nov 26, 2009
396 posts
132 upvotes
I recommend that you scuff/wetsand your headlights before using this kit.

ps Meguiars has a new kit coming out this year with headlight UV protectant and sanding pads included.
Nov 26, 2003
630 posts
517 upvotes
GTA
HappyMD wrote: Remember to add UV protection after doing this.

Most headlights come with a layer of UV protection and once you buff/sand it off your headlights will start yellowing a lot faster from the sun.

Very true.

PlastX will make them look great for about six months. But don’t throw out the rest of the bottle when you’re done, because you’ll probably need to reapply it with a light buffing twice a year.
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2300 posts
99 upvotes
HappyMD wrote: Remember to add UV protection after doing this.

A good product would be 303 aerospace protectant.
Or buy some clearcoat and spray it on
Apr 16, 2006
15 posts
Surrey
it wont get rid of the light scratches... but I just used toothpaste to get rid of the oxidation and yellowing! just in case anyone wants a quick fix! LOL =)
Dec 16, 2006
489 posts
79 upvotes
Why not Turtle Wax T240KT Headlight Lens Restoration Kit instead ? It comes with the sealing wipe helps protect from future yellowing and discoloration. Regular price is only $12 from canadian Tire.

[QUOTE]Kit includes: 3 restoration pads of various grits from 2400 to 8000 grit, Spray Lubricant (4 oz.), Lens Clarifying Compound (4 oz.) and Lens Sealing Wipe (4"x4")[/QUOTE]
Dec 24, 2011
397 posts
160 upvotes
New Westminster
The Meguiars kit is not so great, if you like Meguiars you can try the new one with the sealant inside but its abit more expensive.
You can use Ultimate compound and it work fine too with some light wet sanding.
Theres a kit by Sylvania at Walmart for $30 that will last, it is rated the most effective by comsumer reports.

Another option is the Helmspar and mineral spirits solution that apparently last pretty much indefinitely... google it =D
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4112 posts
1989 upvotes
BC
Save your money and use a quarter tube of toothpaste.

It worked really well for me going on 2 years.

Yes, it takes some rubbing in but it works.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)